GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. kungfudill

FS: 2011 GTI w/ APR stage 1

2011 GTI. Shadow Blue, 4-door, manual transmission. 15,000 miles, serviced according to manual. Normal wear for 15k miles, except a few curb scratches on 1 wheel. Still under warranty, with free services thru 36,000 miles. Some features and upgrades include: --Sunroof --heated cloth seats...
  2. kungfudill

handling modification suggestions??

Having got APR stage 1 (holding off on stage 2), carbonio intake, neuspeed RSB, and motor mount, I'm wondering where best to spend my money to get improved handling I might notice without tracking the car?? Thoughts?
  3. kungfudill

Have a video of catted DP??

I've used the search function, but not finding what I"m looking for. Does anyone have a video of a catted DP giving a good example of Stage 2 sound w/o a full TBE? I' considering a BB dp and stage 2, but read things about being too loud, or tinny sounds, or bumble sounds... So, I'd like to...
  4. kungfudill

Downpipe for tree lovers??

Is there a good option for a downpipe with a catalytic converter that would allow Stage 2, and have the gains to be worth it? ps: I get APR stage 1 tomorrow. Think I'll sleep tonight??
  5. kungfudill

Shadow Blue w/ Matte Black Wheels

Does anyone have a Shadow blue, w/ black wheels? I'd like to see some pics, as I think I would like the look of matte black w/ my blue.
  6. kungfudill

installed APR S2 intake, RSB, motormount

While I'm waiting for tuning software for 2011s, I just got my S2 carbonio intake put on, an autotech motormount, and neuspeed RSB. ONly driven it a bit, but so far I feel like I'm putting power more immediately to the pavement--no faster, per se, but more efficient?? Also, the full carbonio...
  7. kungfudill

Sick Wheels--where to find

Please watch this video of the SICK RGTI concept car (I think someone else has posted it before) and tell me what wheels are on the car?? I love them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufm7jfqOETA&feature=channel On another note, if someone with the motivation and time wanted to compile a list of...
  8. kungfudill

downpipe vs. cat converter

This is a stupid question compared to how much some of you know, but... Do all aftermarket downpipes eliminate the catalytic converter?
  9. kungfudill

Stage 2 gas mileage

Everyone says that a stage 1 tune will increase MPG (if you don't mash the pedal). I am curious if this MPG improves with stage 2? At what point do the MPG benefits cease or reverse?
  10. kungfudill

golf R wheels

Hey all, Sorry for a re-post, but I couldn't find the info I previously found... Can someone tell me where to look to purchase the sweet Golf R wheels for my GTI? Thanks.
  11. kungfudill

Check Engine Dilemma

So today I had my first check engine light. I was driving to my mom's on a back road, going pretty hard, and it was a rough road. I arrive, pick up my mom to take her to the bank. When I try to start my car, it doesn't, and it displays some message like "ESP error". I try again, and it starts...
  12. kungfudill

APR stg 2 vs DEQ test

I'm eagerly awaiting software for the 2011, and plan on going stage 1. I'm also interested in Stage 2, but I learned that because of the DP, any DEQ test that only uses the port instead of a sensor in the exhaust will not let you pass due to the Cat not being "ready". There has got to be a way...
  13. kungfudill

Carbonio Intake, notice a difference?

My local dealer is installing this intake for me tomorrow, free of labor charges (I appreciate that, even though it's only a few minutes of labor) since 2011 APR software is not quite available. I realize the intake is mostly going to make a difference as I go up in stages, but will I notice...
  14. kungfudill

Looks good, makes me happy

Fresh wash, newly tinted 35%. Now, I just need the 2011 APR software to come out, and my soul will be at peace :rolleyes:
  15. kungfudill

Long Term APR user? POST HERE

Sorry if this is a repeat guys, but I couldn't find a thread like this. I think it would be helpful for all of us still thinking (and thinking and thinking...) about getting APR on our GTIs. So, if you have APR, please post such things as: how many miles on it, common problems (or lack...
  16. kungfudill

APR near Portland, OR

Have any of you had your cars modified at Futrell or Herzog Meier in the Portland area? I'd love to hear some reviews about either shop! Thanks.
  17. kungfudill

APR and OCTANE

Question: For APR modes (91 octane, 93 octane, etc), must you literally use that gas specification? I ask, because in my area I only see 92 octane offered at stations.
  18. kungfudill

How our engines work

I am an ER/ICU nurse and I know tons about the human body and how to fix things.... But I know Jack about cars. My GTI is the first car I've had that makes me want to learn about my engine. On this forum, I've seen lots of posts from people that seem to be VERY knowledgable about cars. I...
  19. kungfudill

Monster Mats

I know a bunch of you have these mats. What do you think? I've been reading in other places that for $100 they don't seem to be worth it. Like them? Think another type is better?
  20. kungfudill

Power and Redline for those not in the know

So, I enjoy driving, but by no means am I a knowledgable dude when it comes to cars. That said: I understand peak GTI torque is around 1800rpms, while peak hp is around 5100 rpms. My gti has the red zone from 6-8k rpms. For this sporty car, where is the optimal shift for when you really want to...