GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

US MK7 GTI port injection?

wow, 108 views and no response. is there a VW tech that can take a peak at one at the dealership?
  2. A

US MK7 GTI port injection?

It appears that MK7 GTIs are starting to arrive in the US. Has anyone confirmed if they have supplementary port injection yet?
  3. A

4DR DSG DG Springs- $125, Dallas Area

I am not willing to ship these. Looking for $125, I live in the Dallas are near SMU. I am willing to drive a few miles to meet if needed.
  4. A

FS/FT $160: Driver Gear Springs 4 door DSG - North Texas

I have a set of Driver Gear Springs for a 4 door dsg GTI. I am not willing ship. It comes in original box. The springs have about 15K on them. They are a great OEM sport upgrade, and not harsh what-so-ever on the stock dampers. I live in the Dallas Area and I would be up for trade for an...
  5. A

WTB stock 2dr MT springs in DFW

shoot me a PM. I am troubleshooting some suspension noises and I need some stock springs. I figure someone in DFW has some stockers laying around
  6. A

European Spec Spring P/N for Mk6 gti

I am looking for the euro spec spring p/n. I have searched the forum and found this: http://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk5mk6eu25lo.html under p/n 1K049850025 I do not think this is right, it states a mkv and mkvi application and a 38mm drop. Plus the images are progressive. Does anyone...
  7. A

creaking during dry/low speed turns

I have developed a muted creak during dry turns/ or when I make low speed turns like a 3-point turn on a street. Car has 20K on it. I put driver gear springs and new strut mounts on a 11K. I do NOT have the clicking/knocking people have talked about, just a creak. Are there any areas I can grease?
  8. A

12 A6 3.0T

technically a supercharger is a type of turbo charger.....so the badge is right Kinda like a square can be rectangle but a rectangle cant be a square :thumbup:
  9. A

Stock DSG vs G35 auto and RSX Type S

Just got back from my first time at the track with the car. G35 auto was running 15.0's all night and the type-s was running 15.1's. By best run was a 14.4. (bone stock 4 dr dsg on stock pirellis) I was running 14.7s for most of the night. I was very pleased with my 14.4, seems to be faster...
  10. A

What is this?? (pics) Oil around fill cap.

I just went to the track for the first time (1/4 mile) and noticed oil had spewed around the fill cap. This was not there after the second run but it was there after the third. It looks like it is solely isolated to the cap. Car is 100% bone stock. Should I be worried and what caused this?
  11. A

Video on plastic parts

plastic intake manifolds will stay cooler than metal ones, = MOAR POWER
  12. A

OEM damper question

I do not have access to any of the ETKA manuals so I figured I would post it here. Are there any differences in P/Ns for the 2.5/TDI/and GTI dampers. Also is there any OEM difference between the MKV and MKVI dampers, I noticed that koni lists the same p/n. Seems weird that VW wouldnt...
  13. A

passenger dashboard perforation (pics)

I posted a while back about an airbag "shadow" or perforation" which essentially outlined where the airbag was underneath the soft-touch dash. I was watching the magnaflow exhaust video and caught the same perforation shadow in the middle of the video (see below) my question is does this bother...
  14. A

what do you pay for insurance

^^I completely agree with this. Otherwise your prices means squat. I am twenty-four and just moved off my parents plan, moved to Dallas (in the actual city) and commuter about 60 miles a day. Guess what....price went up 700 bucks a year due to increased mileage, and moving off my parents plan...
  15. A

Video proof that Nascar is for bitches!

many also forget that darrell waltrip is an entertainer now too, if you have ever watched him commentate he is extremely lively, he was just being a goober as he always is, if you thought he was 100 percent serious on that run, you are extremely gullible. check out 1:45: at road courses...
  16. A

Video proof that Nascar is for bitches!

I would definitely not say nascar is for bitches, I would learn more about the sport before you make that accusation . It is just a different kinda of racing. Darrell was simply uncomfortable being on a track he didnt know as a passenger on a track full of blind corners. Hell, I feel fine...
  17. A

dashboard replaced

well my 2012 gti came with a indention on the driver side dash up by the windshield about the size of a quarter. luckily the dealership replaced my dash no questions asked. however, now since I am super anal about the dash I have be looking at my dash at different angles and in low light I can...
  18. A

Dents in soft touch dashboard???

I just purchased a GTI (2012) and I saw these two spots on the dashboard (one up by the windshield) and another above the glove box. I thought I could just wipe them off, however when I tried to, I realized they are actual dents in the dashboard! they are about the size of a penny, and are very...
  19. A

economy/"stage 0" tune interest

Well, I have been looking into get a tune on my TSI, but have decided not to due to the stock clutch and flywheel not being able to hold the additional torque, specifically the stock flywheel not being able to handle the addition torque. (throws out the option of stg3 disk for me) And I do not...