GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChancreScolex

Anyone have experience with this OEM replica reverse camera on AliExpress?

https://m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32811005478.html Anybody looked into these or bought/installed one? Not sure if that's the exact right one because I'm on mobile and their layout sucks, but I know there's a specific one you need to connect to our factory HU. I'll post the right one I...
  2. ChancreScolex

Installed South Bend Stage 2 daily clutch, low rpm rattle

Just had my dad install my South Bend stage 2 daily clutch today and there is now a really loud rattle when accelerating at low RPMs. He's stumped on what it could be. He was meticulous in making sure everything was tightened as he put the car back together and I even ordered the full bolt kit...
  3. ChancreScolex

Slave cylinder failed, question about South Bend clutch kit

Last night as I was driving home my clutch pedal went all the way down to the floor and stuck there. I had to coast into a parking lot and have the car towed back to my house. I've suspected that there was an issue with my throwout bearing/slave cylinder for a while and planned to have my dad...
  4. ChancreScolex

Passenger side footwell insulation

Is anyone else missing the passenger side footwell insulation shown in the photo below? I swear my car had it when I bought it and when I went to check the cabin air filter today I noticed it was gone. Only way that could have happened is if the dealership took it out during one of the free...
  5. ChancreScolex

Anyone know the specs on the 2012 GTI autobahn wheels? (pic inside)

I believe these are 18x8, 5x112, but that's all I know. Also came with the Pirelli tires, so if anyone knows those specs as well, that would be great. (looks like 225/40 R18 from the photo). Looking to purchase 17x7 laguna reps from here in the near future and just want to make sure everything...
  6. ChancreScolex

Intermittent issues with push button start

I have a 2012 MK6 GTI and I've recently been having issues with the push button start. Sometimes it takes multiple presses to start/stop the car and other times it works fine. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't work unless I put pressure in exactly the right place on the button. Any thoughts on...
  7. ChancreScolex

Question about Laguna replica wheels

For those of you who have bought replica Laguna wheels, were you able to use the stock lug bolts and the lug bolt caps?
  8. ChancreScolex

Car stalls/wants to stall when taking corners at speed

This has happened to me a few times recently. When taking a somewhat sharp corner my car stalls or feels like it's going to stall, and I've had the EPC light come on briefly one time and the check engine light another time. I thought it might have been traction control at first and then maybe...
  9. ChancreScolex

Car stalls/wants to stall when taking sharp corners

Wrong forum, how do I delete this?
  10. ChancreScolex

Better hood tie-down option for use with roof racks

I recently got a roof rack for carrying my two kayaks and I noticed a lot of people run a rope/strap to the tow hook to brace their boats against upward lift from the wind. The problem with that is in most cases the strap will rest against the paint of the bumper/hood and that worries me a...
  11. ChancreScolex

MK6 Golf/GTI Wiring Diagrams & Component Locations

Here is a PDF of the wiring diagrams and component locations for the MK6 Golf/GTI. It has proper section bookmarks and can be searched with a PDF viewer find tool. Some of the diagrams are a little squished from being fit to page. There are also a lot of icons/links throughout the pages that...
  12. ChancreScolex

DIY Volkswagen Option Codes/VIN Decoding

Some people may already know these two things but I just found out about them last night so I figured I would share. VIN Decoding This one isn't too special, but you can punch your VIN# in on this site and it will give you some detailed information about your car. Option Code Decoding...
  13. ChancreScolex

Anyone with ELSAWIN access want to look up one wire for me?

Trying to find a specific wire in the BCM. I have scoured the internet and still no luck.
  14. ChancreScolex

Need to tap clutch sensor/wire

I need to find where I can tap the clutch wire for a remote start bypass. I wasn't getting any answers in the remote start thread so I'm making my own. Every wiring diagram and install guide has been wrong on which wire to tap in this car. I have tested MANY wires in the BCM and still haven't...
  15. ChancreScolex

Where can I tap the parking brake (-) wire?

I need to tap into the negative parking brake wire for my remote starter. I'd prefer not to have to remove the entire center console to tap it next to the parking brake. I was hoping there was a more easily accessible location somewhere under the dashboard.
  16. ChancreScolex

VAGCOM around Warwick/East Providence/Seekonk

Looking for someone to do one or two quick tweaks at some point this weekend so I can install my car starter. Will compensate with beer or whatever. I went through user tomsyco before but I'm just seeing if anyone is closer before I reach out to him again. Thanks in advance
  17. ChancreScolex

RI Bent Wheel Repair

I hit a massive pothole not too long ago and I just noticed this weekend when I got my car up on a lift that the wheel is bent/has a flat spot on the inside. I had noticed some vibration on the highway but wasn't sure what it was until now. Anyone know of a place in RI that can possibly...
  18. ChancreScolex

Wiring diagrams / other info for 2012 MK6 6SPD Remote Starter

I've been searching around the forums and have really only found bits and pieces. If anyone has a comprehensive guide on this please let me know. Looking for detailed wiring diagrams and any info regarding the clutch bypass. Thanks.
  19. ChancreScolex

First claybar and wax :)

Spent about 6 hours washing, claybaring and waxing my car today. Used Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay kit and then their Tech Wax 2.0. I misplaced my camera, so these are the best shots Ive got with my phone... Also, what the hell is up with this? Please tell me its not just my car...
  20. ChancreScolex

VAG-COM near Seekonk, MA?

Just looking to have a few things done. Comfort turn signals, gauge cluster staging if possible, window control with keyfob and disable the seatbelt warning. Hopefully someone within a 20-30 min drive. Compensation of your choice (cash, brew, etc) :)