GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

I'd describe the interior as 'perfectly fine'. It's not impressive, and it's not crappy (like the old wrx), it's just there. I don't really think about the interior anymore, in a good or bad way, if that makes sense. It's only a big deal when it stands out, you know.
  2. J

uh....what? the new wrx does not have ringland issues. Lots of misinformation in this thread. If all you know is the old car, then don't comment on the new one as if it was the same car, because there are a lot of big differences and it makes things confusing. I also love how people...
  3. J

Don't worry, there's not much useful information in this thread, it's mostly just gunkata talking about how his wife wont let him have one, and how maxtdi is unable to differentiate any car that isnt a hatchback and comes in blue...over and over again. :D It's still too early, they have been...
  4. J

"While forced induction is likely to be ruled out, we could see tweaks made to the intake and exhaust systems and perhaps the engine’s capacity increased." Is motorauthority that website that's the car equivalent of the enquirer? As for road noise, my wrx is very close to my old gti. The wrx...
  5. J

Got my car pro-tuned. Such a huge improvement over stock (and also over the OTS tune). It reminds me of the jump from stock to stage 1 in the GTI, if not a little bigger difference. The power is also much smoother and pulls into the upper rpm's instead of fading after 5k rpms like the stock tune...
  6. J

Yeah, not interested in e85, but I'm keeping an eye on the protunes coming out now, like here. Cobb's ots stage 1 doesn't seem to do too much power-wise, but 50whp and 30wtq from a protune on an otherwise stock car is promising. I might have to order the AP soon.
  7. J

Congrats! I've had my wrx for about 6 months now and love it.
  8. J

Yeah, they're different cars, even more so now with the different engine. For me, low end (ie usable) torque is much more important, so the wrx is the better car for me. It doesn't hurt that it's significantly cheaper, either. I do wish it had a bit more power, but it's fast enough, and...
  9. J

FS: OEM Mudflaps

Full set of 4 (front and rear) including the installation hardware. I bought them on here but never ended up putting them on my car. $65. Would prefer pickup in the Los Angeles area.
  10. J

FS: 1 Detroit

One detroit for sale. I purchased it on here for $150, but never ended up putting it on my car. It has a few small nicks but otherwise is in very good shape. $Eleventy billion Pickup only. I am in lower Westchester county, NY, but am willing to meet someone at a reasonable distance.
  11. J

Yeah, and they might have had a Perrin exhaust on it too, but the exhaust is super quiet and 'smooth' sounding - a little deeper than stock but not really any louder. The Nameless exhaust that has come out for the '15 is significantly louder. I'm hoping more come out soon, id like the get...
  12. J

Yeah that drop down center armrest on the gti is nice Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. J

some more random thoughts: - the steering is a bit heavier, with similar road feel. - the seats are good, but i'd say the gti seats were slightly better - the steering wheel looks like a gti steering wheel, but the material is nowhere near as soft - the boost seems variable, and i havent really...
  14. J

Just got back from my first real drive. This thing is a blast. I might have to start looking at some track days, see what thing can really do.
  15. J

Thanks for the tips on the HK settings, I'll look into those. The interaction with the UI overall leaves something to be desired, but I agree that the navigation is actually pretty good. The window thing in the GTI always annoyed me. Unless you have the windows exactly right you'd get a...
  16. J

They split the grill for some reason. I don't know why. The australian version is normal and looks much better. haha, yeah how'd you know? ah shit what have i started I think it must have been an unflattering angle for the gti, but I agree the gti looks a little boring by comparison...
  17. J

goodbye gti, it's been a fun 3 yrs!
  18. J

Yeah, my car has had almost zero problems in 40k miles. But I can't help but feel like it's a ticking time bomb... Nah, the "special" on wrx's is 2.9%. at least 4 :thumbup: haha does that count ? Ah it's probably more than that. But really, while they are probably closer to each other now...
  19. J

I didn't see, what vw did you have before the wrx? I'm interested in what your thoughts are about the car in comparison. You got the exact same car I ordered, but mine is gbp Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. J

Congrats! As for the the HK system, one nice thing about the stock headunit is that it has a really in-depth (i think parametric) equilizer. So while it might not sound good with the eq flat, it can sound much better. Unfortunately there are no pre-set settings, but there are good suggestions...