GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Where to hide away cabling running to the hatch?

Sorry, I've searched the forums and the only threads I've found all have broken image links. I ordered a Bazooka sub that I will be installing later this week in a 2011 GTI 4-door. I'm looking for tips on how to run the wiring discretely to the hatch area. I've installed head units and replaced...
  2. N

Do I need to remove APR before getting COBB AccessPort?

I feel like this must have been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer, so please bear with me. I have a 2011 GTI with the newest APR stage 1 tune applied. If I wanted to get a COBB AccessPort and then play around with loading tunes onto the vehicle myself, do I need...
  3. N

Aftermarket head unit with VW HELIX sub upgrade

I had a Volkswagen dealer install the HELIX sound upgrade in my GTI. It includes an amp and DSP for the spare wheel well-mounted sub, and also sends more power/does DSP to the factory door speakers. My RNS315 head unit is dying, and I was thinking of getting one of the new Pioneer head units...
  4. N

VCDS faults after RNS315 upgrade

I replaced the RCD510 in my 2011 GTI with an RNS315. I removed the position sensor over the rear hatch area (compass that is no longer needed) and went to perform the VCDS changes required. The instructions indicated I should be going into the coding helper for the CAN GATEWAY and enabling...
  5. N

RNS315 retrofit - a few questions

I have a 2011 GTI with the RCD510 headunit, and the bluetooth "box" under the passenger seat. I want to buy an RNS315 only and swap it for my RCD510. I have gone through a couple excellent guides online, but I have a couple questions. 1. I see that the RNS315 has a AUX input in the front of...