GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. KevinBlank

Stage 2 boost leak?? with video.

Went Stage 2 APR a few weeks back. Carbonio intake, UR downpipe and P3cars gauge. Peak boost ever recorded on my car is 19.6 psi. But recently it only peaks at 18.4 or so and rapidly drops psi down as low as sub 12 psi. Am I right in assuming my stock DV has a torn diaphragm? I have yet to check...
  2. KevinBlank

Soundaktor from an R

Need a Soundaktor from an R... see link to FS thread. Just an experiment I'm doing :D http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46848
  3. KevinBlank

Need...a Soundaktor from an R

Need a Soundaktor taken off an Mk6 R. The two attached images below show the one I took off my GTI, so the connection needs to match. A small test I'm doing for the curiosity of the VW community. :D
  4. KevinBlank

Diverter Valve, GTI vs R

I own a Mk6 GTI APR Stage 2, and my local dealership just go 2 Mk6 R's in. Soooo I went in for a test drive. The first thing I immediately noticed is that the car sounds amazing! So much of a deeper... "Growl" if I may, all the way through the entire powerband. And to top it off the Diverter...
  5. KevinBlank

Not so impressive Stage 2

Recently installed 3in UR down-pipe and Carbino in-order to make the jump from stock, straight to APR Stage 2 tune. I got the car back from the shop about a weekago and have put about 250 miles on it since it got the tune. After reading post after post and thread after thread I was convinced a...
  6. KevinBlank

UR Downpipe flange corrosion?

Just ordered an Ultimate Racing downpipe w/ Cermaic 400 cell cat and resonator. I know the steel used it 305 stainless, but the flanges are mild steel that will corrode after time to some degree. I've seen somewhere on here that someone sprayed the flanges with High Temp Spray Paint to avoid the...
  7. KevinBlank

Boosted Beauty...

Can someone take a picture of their Boosted Beauty Dubkorps decal as straight on as possible? Im in need of a high-res image of it. Dubkorps will not sell the decals anymore or supply me with a decent picture of one. I really appreciate the help. Post it here or just message me for my email. Its...
  8. KevinBlank

Bluetooth Connectivity Light?

Like shown in the photo, is it supposed to light up? In my buddys 2010 GTI, it lights up, but in my 2011 GTI, it does not. Is it broken? I do have bluetooth connectivity and love it. Thanks all.
  9. KevinBlank

Rear window...no wiper hole, no heater strips.

Does anyone know where or if a mk6 or mk5 rear hatch window can be gotten ahold of without a wiper hole, and/or without heater stips? I know Rear windows like this can be bought for Porsche without wiper holes and even mk3 vw golfs rear windows can be bought without the heater strips. Even if...
  10. KevinBlank

My other Go Fast hobby!

After posting put a few videos of VW 2012 WITW event at Deals Gap a few weeks ago from my GoPro, i figured id toss it on the back of the old Ten. Im getting there.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxSBOFACx7A&feature=share :happyanim: Check out my other videos in my channel to see the Wookies...
  11. KevinBlank

WITW 2012 GoPro Video Compilation

A little bit of everything I shot with my Go Pro that weekend! Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_I_V_59Zs
  12. KevinBlank

Rear fog light wont turn off with DEPO LED tail lights

Got my DEPO LED Tail Lights and installed them with zero issues. Fit pretty damn well and have held up the past two days in all the rain and in a wash perfectly. I have NOT installed the resistor boxes that came with the lights, as i continued to go on to change the lights to "Rest of the...
  13. KevinBlank

HI-FLO Air Charge Pipe Mk5 Mk6 Interchangeability?

I have a Neuspeed HI-FLO Air Charge Pipe from an 08 FSI motor, it needs to go on my 11 TSI motor, from the pictures they look nearly identical, only difference i can find is the TSI pipe has the sensor about an inch higher up the pipe. Can anyone confirm the fitment of an FSI HiFlo Charge Pipe...
  14. KevinBlank

OEM Sport/Comfort button, buttons infront of Shifter?

Wanting to install an OEM sport/comfort button next to the ASR button... these V DOES anyone have the VW part number for the plug/wire harness that inserts in the back of this button in order for it to light up?? Im not intending it to function at all, purely cosmetic to fill the void of...
  15. KevinBlank

Flashing/Pulsing Tail lights

I know its a mk5, but i want my tail lights on my mk6 to do this. (See beginning of video) V http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8eQLtD3CbM A buddy of mine has a mk5 gti that do that and he claims he just swapped his regular tail bulbs for LED bulbs and it just does that now when he starts the...
  16. KevinBlank

Shifting is notchy and gets stuck... wtf

So the car has 4k on it now and is getting progressively worse. The shift movement from any gear to any gear feels like it gets stuck for a sec just before it engages the next gear. Sometimes First and Second gear wont engage at all, i have to back it out and try again. Not sure if this is the...
  17. KevinBlank

Carbon Fiber Wrap on Candy White

Just wrapped the roof and mirror on the new mk6. I work a CRUX Roadboardz Graphics, an automotive wrap place, and it was eather Carbon Fiber, Flat or Gloss Black vinyl. I opted for the CF, something different. This stuff is razor thin, i doubt a square yard of it weights more than half a bag of...
  18. KevinBlank

Best Flash tune company to go with

I plan on buying Stage 1 soon and will work my way up Stage 2 ecu flash on my Mk6 GTI. Ive been looking around at REVO, APR, GIAC and UNITRONIC. All are within 100 bucks of eachother, but APR seems the best so far, they have the best power gains and has the cruise control program switch, awsome...
  19. KevinBlank

Which Aftermarket DVD/NAV works best with OEM features?

Its about time I upgrade my stock non-Nav radio in the Mk6 GTI. I have Bluetooth/phone connectivity in the gauge cluster and the ipod hook up in the center console and love them. But i want an aftermarket touchscreen Nav w/ DVD. Does anyone know wether or not the factory vw bluetooth/phone...