GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

HPFP covered under Powertrain Warranty?

couple of days ago i noticed that i was experiencing sudden loss of power around 4k RPM and then got a CEL. i pull the code and it came out to be low fuel pressure P0087. from reading the forums it seem to be HPFP is failing. I hope the HPFP is covered under powertrain warranty.
  2. B

FS: 2012 GTI Autobahn PKG DSG $21K OBO

I am selling Carbon Steel Gray 2012 GTI Autobahn PKG DSG with 55K miles for $21K (OBO) I have taken great care of the GTI with regular oil change every 5K miles using Motul oil brand, done the 40k service which is the DSG and replace the spark plugs. in december 2013 i installed 4 new tires...
  3. B

need your opinion this

I saw this APR side fender sticker on golf R today and thought i get your opinion on how it would it look on CSG (Carbon Steel Gray) check out the link https://store.goapr.com/products/APR-Sideburn-Stickers-%252d-Black%252dSilver%252dRed.html
  4. B

CSG on Gunmetal or Matte Black, Please help

Please help me here i am confused on what i should go for gunmetal or matte black on CSG. one moment i am set on matte black and next i am set on gunmetal, i just can't make up my mind.
  5. B

Would SPM Catback fit onto APR Downpipe System?

Not sure if this is an ideal setup of have mismatch brand of exhaust systems? I was planning on with APR cat back until i watch some youtube videos of SPM street catback version which sound amazing. plus i get 15% discount as well on SPM product so i thought i'd look into this configuration.
  6. B

from DG Springs to Coilovers

I have been thinking a lot lately moving over to Coilover setup and the brand i am thought of going with is NGP Type 1 Coilover, i know there aren't many review out there but from what i have read and heard it's all positive. I have APR FSB/RSB installed now so from what i read it should be a...
  7. B

@Tirerack What is your take on the new Mich. Pilot AS 3

I am shopping for new ultra AS high performance tires and i was looking at the famous conti. ext. DWS and i am came across new Mich pilot sport AS 3. please give us you experience with these tires and how would you compare it against the conti DWS. thanks...
  8. B

need your help in deciding these brake kit

I have tried to search on this forums for the Stoptech Sports kit but was unable to get any results. can someone please advise if this kit is any good? i am will not be tracking or auto X. http://stoptech.com/products/sport-kits
  9. B

? Euro OEM Blind Spot Mirrors

I recently purchased from ECS Tuning Euro OEM Blind Spot mirror. i installed them today and the installation was pretty easy. But i noticed that on driver side the object seem farther away compare the passenger side. I thought it should be other way around. Can someone please confirm this for...
  10. B

anyone installed the stoptech sport brake kit

i have searched through various forums and haven't had any luck on review of these brake kit. here are few URL i have found but was wondering what your thoughts are on these brake kit. i mainly do DD and some spirited driving but will not be doing any auto X or tracking. thanks...
  11. B

Motor Trend first Test of MK6 GTD

not sure if someone has posted this article yet but if so i am apologize for re-post. Anyways so what do you guys think MK7 GTD would come to our shore? http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1212_2012_volkswagen_gtd_first_test/
  12. B

Apr Stg 1 tune intake needed?

OK, there has been some change of plan here. I was going to do Apr stg2 tune w/stg1 intake and apr DP, but had back out of that and now i am going to be doing stg1 tune and maybe stg 1 intake. please correct me if i am wrong from my understanding is that with stg1 instake i would see a...
  13. B

intercoooler needed with APR stage 2?

I have been doing research and some recommend to add an intercooler with stage 2 tune and some have said no need. i am planning on just driving as DD and some occasional spirited driving and not planning on doing any auto X or tracking. Please give your thoughts on this.
  14. B

DSG fluid replacement at 20K using BG product

I went to the dealer last week and they mentioned that to save money on DSG fluid replacement go with BG product versus going with VW DSG fluid. with BG product DSG fluid = about $350 with VW OEM DSG fluid = about $650 both prices include the DSG filter. I want to get your opinion on this?
  15. B

dg spring ride height different

it has been about month since i have installed the dg springs and been happy overall with the setup. but i noticed one thing that in front ride height is different on driver and passenger side is this normal or would it even out over time? i will measure FTG when i get chance.
  16. B

PIC on my car ride lowered on DG springs

I just got the spring installed about 1.5 weeks and i am pretty impress with the drop, just about right ride height for me. Overall i have been really impressed with the ride and handling of the car and i even got the APR FSB/RSB installed as well. I am assuming that i may see it drop bit more...
  17. B

Bushing Noise after installing DG Springs and APR sway bars

about a week ago i got DG springs and APR FSB/RSB installed. i got all the necessary hardware replaced and even add the subframe spacers. initially i didn't get any noise but driving for past couple of days now i am starting to get bushing noise especially in the rear more then the front...
  18. B

who has installed the Subframe Spacer Plates when installing FSB

I am about to install FSB and would like to know who has installed the Subframe Spacer Plates? from what i have read here some have done it and some didn't do it. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Search/Subframe/ES2102460/
  19. B

VWR StreetSport and StreetSport Plus Coilover Suspension Systems

APR just post a brief review on the VWR CO system. not bad from what i have read so far. go check out the APR facebook site.
  20. B

Meguiars ultimate car care product

Friend of mine has a detailing business and only uses Meguiars product to do his detailing job. as he has been in this business for over 20 years he trains other detailers how to detail cars and etc. he even showed me how to clean my own car and what products to use. below i have attached pics...