GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. VentoGT

Dr Volks--South Shore, MA

Had a good experience getting some brakes and fluid changes on my Audi--just wanted to give the guy a plug as he was fair and priced pretty well. Tiny little shop on his property but if you are in the South Shore and looking for an indy, I'd give him a shot at your business.
  2. VentoGT

Anyone buy a 6MT Tornado Red 4 door from Danbury Audi VW earlier this year?

Curious if the owner is on the board as it's my old car. I noticed this regional thread is pretty active as well. Thanks!
  3. VentoGT

If anyone recently bought a Tornado Red 6MT GTI at Weeks in Danbury, CT

It was my old car. Just hoping it went to another enthusiast!
  4. VentoGT

Sound Ordnance self powered pictures installed?

Hey guys-- Doing some research for easy plug and play stereo upgrade and looks like this is the one to get. For those of you who have it, how easy is it to install and where did you install it? I have read back of seat, though I will frequently fold mine down for moving stuff--does anyone...
  5. VentoGT

"Servicio Ahora" at 15K

Hey guys [and gals]-- Yes, I set my computer to spanish. So it's the 2 year mark for my car [purchased in February of 2012] but I only have 15K miles on it. I have had 2 oil changes and am ready to change my oil again, but my question is: Should I go in for the free service now or wait until...
  6. VentoGT

South Shore Auto Detailing --experiences?

Hey all-- Wondering if anyone has experience here for detailing and/or window tinting...they are close to where I am and I don't know if I want to drive an hour and a half to Bedford to get tint done ;) http://www.ssautodetailing.com/ Any and all opinions appreciated!
  7. VentoGT

Will these 17" wheels fit?

Bolt pattern: 5x112mm Offset: +39mm (1.5 in forward of the center line of the rims) Hub Bore: 57.2mm or 2 1/4 in Rim width: 9 in Thanks!
  8. VentoGT

17" Passat wheels [or any attractive 17" 5-spoke] and snows--pics and opinions please

17" Passat wheels [or any attractive 17" 5-spoke] and snows--pics and opinions please Hello all-- Long time no post. I'm about to move from Chicago to the South Shore of Massachusetts near Cape Cod, and I am going to get snows for the unpredictable nature of the snow over there as well as the...
  9. VentoGT

White wheels on Red MKVI?

Hey all--searched around and found a few pics but was wondering if anyone had pictures of white chunky wheels on a Tornado Red MKVI. I love the Detroits, would love to see any pics of them painted white where the brushed silver is stock as well. Thanks in advance!
  10. VentoGT

Can't post in the MKVII section for whatever reason, but I gotta say...

I'm very much happy with my MKVI. The new one looks like the schnoz of the new Jetta flattened on it. Not a fan. That is all, sorry for the OT :)
  11. VentoGT

ATL Area VAGCOM for DRL select on/off and maybe a few other tweaks?

Anyone in the area interested in helpin me out? Let me know when and how much. The DRLs drive me nuts and I want to get a Euro Light switch and possibly tweak a few other things. Thanks!
  12. VentoGT

Am I risking it driving to CHI in January on All seasons?

All-- I'm moving from ATL to CHI shortly but I have a dilemma...I am going to get winter wheels and tires but I don't want to have to try to load my Detroits into my car for the trip up to CHI... Am I taking a huge risk driving up on major highways at the beginning of the year and then getting...
  13. VentoGT

Just got 16.4 MPG on my 2nd fillup....

Divided mileage by amount of gallons put in. I mean, I drive the car fairly spiritedly, but does this not seem ridiculous? I'm wondering if the car is overfuelling as my exhaust tips have a good amount of residue on them as well. I didn't buy the car for fuel economy reasons but jeez.
  14. VentoGT

MK6 wrecked on GA400 last night in the rain [01-17]

Hopefully nobody on this board--passed by around 10:45PM or so on GA 400 North--man the standing water was AWFUL and visibility terrible. The P Zero Nero is a $hit rain tire btw--a 3300lb car shouldn't be wandering like that...I was genuinely spooked while I drove.
  15. VentoGT

Shop in Atlanta for APR stage 1 install?

Hey folks--wondering if anyone has experience with tuning shops in Atlanta that could install the APR stage 1 ECU and/or other mods. I'm planning to get a European headlight switch as well and would need to get that installed...I'm guessing the dealer wouldn't want to touch that. Thanks!
  16. VentoGT

Anyone in ATL with Vagcom?

Hi All-- I wanted to disable the DRLs and apparently need the Vagcom for it--anyone in the ATL area with access to one? Thanks!
  17. VentoGT

Anyone in ATL with a VAGCOM to disable DRLs?

Hi All-- Lurking since before I got my car and second post--great board! Was curious if anyone in the ATL area has access to a VAG-COM so that I can turn the DRLs off... Any help is greatly appreciated; I don't know if the dealer will do this or not so this is my first stop. Thanks!