GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. colslaw87

Good street pads? (replacing my HP+)

I installed Hawk HP+ pads on my front brakes for a track day at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago. They performed great! Now that I'm back to driving around the GTI to and from work, I'm getting really sick and tired of sounding like a squealing old bus at every stop. Any recommendations for daily...
  2. colslaw87

Intake Manifold replacement & Carbon Cleaning

I went to the dealership for the 24AX ECM Software recall. This was mandatory in order to register my GTI in California this year. After the Software update, the check engine light came on. Confirmed it was fault code P2015 Intake Manifold. I scheduled service a week later at the same...
  3. colslaw87

Creaky & Squeaky Shifter

Simple question. My shifter is starting to squeak and creak. Not so much forward or backward into gear, but more noise left and right. I haven't taken the shifter apart yet. Could it be rubber bushings or something like that?
  4. colslaw87

Exclamation warning on display?

Does anyone know what the exclamation mark means near the cruise control icons? It only comes on when driving. Not sure if it's related but I've been experiencing a swarm of other electrical issues. Engine hesitation and dashboard lights dim when starting the car. Windows auto up/down...
  5. colslaw87

got my beater car

For sure. The last gen Prelude was a serious car back in high school. Everyone that was into cars had some variation on the early 90's Civic or in rare cases Integra's. Considering the Prelude had the H22a***, it was definitely not a beater lol. Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  6. colslaw87

got my beater car

Nothing sketchy about it. As long as its maintained, I had a 1992 Accord with 240,000 miles on it. Took good care of it but was never afraid to run through the gears near redline. Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  7. colslaw87

Steering wheel clicking

Here are my symptoms: Not audible from outside the car Does not happen all the time More active during colder temperatures More active while turning the wheel at a dead stop Happens when turning both left and right Sound is not metallic Sound is subtle and primarily heard in dash and steering...
  8. colslaw87

Would You Buy An S or RS Audi Avant

We know that wagons and hatchbacks are plenty capable because we're enthusiasts. We bought them for a reason. It's the public's perception of safety and cargo capacity which makes people lean towards SUV's. We've been groomed to believe that the large SUV's are better in bad weather, safer...
  9. colslaw87

Would You Buy An S or RS Audi Avant

I would definitely prefer a Wagon / Avant over a Crossover or SUV. I think the reason S / RS wagons aren't sold in the states is simply due to the lack of demand. Wagons are already unpopular in the US market. Those looking for a vehicle to seat 5+, haul bikes, gear, kids, groceries, and...
  10. colslaw87

Development Civic Type R posts 7:50 at Nurburgergreen

Probably a 10% chance we'll see it stateside ... sucks. I'd love to see this on the road!
  11. colslaw87

Whats your occupation?

I'm a Senior Industrial Designer at Whipsaw, a design and engineering consulting firm.
  12. colslaw87

Vector Art - Mk6 Golf R

Agreed. My brain just shuts down after a full day of work. I wish I had more time outside of work for my own personal art.
  13. colslaw87

Vector Art - Mk6 Golf R

It's probably easier to draw it all by hand than spend days trying to clean up a high fidelity live trace. Unless it's a black and white logo, a photo live trace is a mess.
  14. colslaw87

Vector Art - Mk6 Golf R

:w00t: Did you image trace a photo, or draw each curve by hand?
  15. colslaw87

FURD GT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C-qSRnqUZg 3C-qSRnqUZg
  16. colslaw87

FURD GT

HUGE photos from AutoBlog :
  17. colslaw87

2016 NSX

Even us NSX enthusiasts are getting a little tired of the tease at every auto show since 2012. I guarantee very few current owners will trade in their Gen1 NSX for the new 2016 NSX. In 2003 they release the HSC concept which went no where. Then Acura releases the ASCC in 2010, which...
  18. colslaw87

40k service in the South Bay?

I took my 2012 GTI to Boardwalk VW in Redwood City for a simple oil change and asked about the 40k mile service. The service rep quoted me $1,400! Every time I kept mentioning the service the price somehow kept rising. If I had a garage, I would do 90% of the 40k maintenance myself. But I...
  19. colslaw87

40k service quote & questions

I took my 2012 GTI to Boardwalk VW in Redwood City for a simple oil change and asked about the 40k mile service. The service rep quoted me $1,400! Every time I kept mentioning the service the price somehow kept rising. If I had a garage, I would do 90% of the 40k maintenance myself. But I...