GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. raaalph

This is why TSI oil drain plugs are prone to stripping

Just got a new oil pan in after stripping the drain plug on the original. As you can see, the retaining nut for the drain plug is hardly held in place. Needless to say, I'm putting a Fumoto valve on the new pan.
  2. raaalph

FS: BRAND NEW Flowmonster 400 cell cat w/ O2 Bung

Up for sale is a brand new, never installed, 400 cell ceramic cat from Flowmonster (not Flowmaster). I bought this for a project, then realized I didn't need it. It's 3" ID on both sides and should slip over 3" OD exhaust piping, meaning it can be clamped or welded into place. The catalyst is...
  3. raaalph

Racing Adventures Supercar Lapping

Anybody ever try this out? You go to a track and do some instructor-led laps in their cars...becauseGTInotracecar. My GF bought me a session for March 3rd and I'm pretty pumped. http://www.racingadventures.com/exoticlapping.html
  4. raaalph

Passat concept with 250HP 1.8T

250 HP 1.8T...what's this mean for the new 2.0T? http://www.caranddriver.com/news/volkswagen-passat-performance-concept-news
  5. raaalph

Popped the cherry...cylinder 3 misfire

I was leaving work for lunch when my engine took a crap pulling away from a stop light and threw a CEL. Drove into a parking lot to pull the code with my Torque app, which revealed a misfire on cylinder 3. Luckily I work about a mile from Momentum VW on Richmond, so I limped straight there. I...
  6. raaalph

Audi Quattro concept

I remember seeing this concept a while back, but it seems they're thinking about bringing it into production https://rumors.automobilemag.com/report-audi-prepping-a-high-riding-quattro-coupe-crossover-165715.html
  7. raaalph

New shoes

Mounted my gunmetal Enkei Raijins and Sumitomo HTR Z IIIs last Friday, then took a trip down to Galveston on Sunday to test them out. I'm really impressed by these tires vs. the stock Dunlop all seasons, but I expect that would be the outcome when switching to any summer tires. Now I'm...
  8. raaalph

FS: OEM Detroits

UPDATE: All wheels have been sold. Mods, please close this thread.
  9. raaalph

Excuse for new wheels/tires

Got my second sidewall bubble on the stock Dunlops (thanks city of Houston!). Tired of replacing tires that are known to fail easily (according to numerous Tire Rack reviews of the SP Sport 01 A/S's and other Dunlops), so I just ordered a set of Hankook Ventus V12 evos on Motegi MR-125 18X8s...
  10. raaalph

eBay TBE

I'll preface this post by saying I would never put this brandless, unproven part on my car or ask anyone here to be a guinea pig for it. I know some people don't have problems with these types of parts, but I feel like this is obviously too good to be true. Anyway, sometimes when I'm bored at...
  11. raaalph

Difference between A3 and GTI ECU

Hey everybody. I'm new here, and after searching this topic, didn't really find anything conclusive. Does anyone know the difference between the Mk6 and latest A3's ECUs? The reason I'm asking is because I'm finally going stage 1 (Modshack VTDA is on the way...thanks Steve!) and I'm looking for...