GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Ed's headlights [Coding] back to Halogen

Hi All, I've searched but can't find the exact topic I'm looking for here. So I bought Ed's headlights about 7 / 8 years ago and they're working fine. The issue is the law has changed here and the it now states the car must have washer jet for the lights - rubbish in my opinion. So I have the...
  2. J

MK6 steering wheel and multifunction buttons

Hi, I'm changing the steering wheel in our MK6 for one of the following... 1. GTI/GTD/R flat bottomed leather wheel w/out multifunction buttons or 2. GTI/GTD/R flat bottomed leather wheel w/multifunction buttons Our current steering wheel has no multifunction buttons so my question is, if I...
  3. J

Chipex... Anyone used it?

http://www.chipex.co.uk/ I ordered up some yesterday. Looks the part to be fair and if it does what it claims then it's gonna be a very cheap fix for the stone chips.
  4. J

Laptop down, help?

If the Laptop is encrypted (which it is if it's coming up with the Check Point security screen and it's not booting then you'll need the decryption file (usually an XML file) which is held on the Encryption server. If you've data on it that you need you'll need that file. If not, just stick in...
  5. J

Selling the GTI and Buying an '89 Porshe 944 Turbo Would Be Really Dumb Right?

I went from owning old cars - pre 1990's to owning newer cars - post 2005, 2011 and all I can say is, I'd take the newer ones any day of the week. Keeping in mind that the older cars weren't high end like Porsche / Ferrari and so on but let it be said, older cars will cost you far more cash...
  6. J

Wanted: GTI/GTD flat bottomed steering wheel w/airbag

As above. Does anyone have one for sale with the Airbag in full working order?
  7. J

Rear Valance

Do you need to remove the rear bumper when fitting a new Valance? I've ordered a GTI Valance as I'm getting the GTI style Exhaust.
  8. J

Wiring up Dash Cam for constant power

I've bought a 12v Dash Cam for my Mk6 and I'm looking at wiring it into constant 12v power Except when the car's turned off. Any diagrams where I can tap into or what the best route to go down is?
  9. J

VW Headunit question

Howdy, I bought this unit last year and swapped it out for the basic one that was shipped with the Golf #9apologies for not knowing the model no's) The issue I'm having is the RDS isn't functioning on it, meaning I can tune in the Radio stations fine but their names don't come up like they do...
  10. J

Allergies - GAH :(

If you can buy Manuka Honey (the higher the number the better, like 20+, 25+) and mix it with half a fresh Lemon in hot water and drink once to twice daily. If you can manage that a month -> 6 weeks before the Pollen count rises (Summer months) then it will help no end. Plenty Vitamin C helps...
  11. J

Front Fogs on/off when turning

On my brothers Golf he has the front Fogs and when he turns the steering wheel the Fogs blink to indicate he's turning. He doesn't like this feature. Can it be turned off in VAGCOM and if so, how please?
  12. J

Favorite Hangover Food

Any type of Fast Food and then a long sit on the bog!
  13. J

Sleep

- Complete darkness is required in the room where you sleep - Don't exercise at least 3->4 hours before you intend to sleep - Exercise (45 mins of moderate to intense interval training) - Caffeine has no effect on some and has on others (trial and error) - Make sure your pillow/s are...
  14. J

Our Golf...

Well, we bought this 3 months ago now at this stage. It's a 2011 1.6 Diesel BMT 105PS (not very exciting!) but we love it. It came with the R lip / sides and lowered 15mm from the factory. First thing we done was tint the rear windows, then added Ed's LED rears. I then sourced a set of MK5 GTI...
  15. J

Best stain remover for car seats

What do ye use to remove stains (oil) from your seats. The material is from a MK5 Golf GTI.
  16. J

Going from 15's to 17's - what to expect...

I'm considering putting 17's on my MK6 soon. What should I expect in terms of ride comfort, slowing the car up and MPG (1.6 TDI) Car is lowered 15mm from standard by VW.
  17. J

VAG, Classic & Vintage photo shoot 2012 (Ireland) VERY pic heavy

These are shots taken from todays VAG show in Limerick, Ireland. Hope you enjoy.
  18. J

Airbag (steering wheel icon) and ESR light on...

Not sure if i'm putting this in the correct section or not but here it goes... The story is as follows: I bought a set of MKV GTI seats today. I disconnected the battery (negative) from the car and checked it was dead, unbolted the seats, disconnected the 2 airbag connectors and removed the...