GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bebersol

2013 R salvage in Fort Worth, TX

https://www.copart.com/lot/34831779 I saw this today, I'm posting in case someone is interested.
  2. bebersol

FS: new/ unused Ultra Racing MidBrace

This is the UR under-brace which replaces the rear and front tunnel braces. I purchased, but never installed. It didn't fit over my downpipe. Cost me $195, will take $100 + shipping. Fits MK6 Golf and Jetta, A5, Passat. located in North TX txt @ 817-797-7409
  3. bebersol

FS: LH Bi-Xenon headlamp assembly $100 OBO

OE Bi-xenon headlamp assembly Scratched but not cracked $100 OBO + shipping. I'm located in the DFW TX area. TXT @ 817-797-7409
  4. bebersol

IE tune

Is anybody running an IE tune? if so what stage? is there switching between tune and stock? thanks in advance
  5. bebersol

front bumper

has anyone had the front bumper skin off their R? what is the plastic made of? TPO? thanks
  6. bebersol

G12 or G13 coolant?

My 2013 R manual says to use G13 coolant, the overfill reservoir is marked G12. (engine code CRZ) Has anyone else run across this? what is the VAG official line on this? thanks in advance.
  7. bebersol

Talladega Rims FS

$400 + shipping (or pick up in the DFW area) 3 = excellent shape 1 = minor rim damage text @ 817-797-7409
  8. bebersol

upgraded DMF clutch

ordered this from Sachs Racing
  9. bebersol

odyssey AGM battery

about 8 lbs lighter than OE and smaller too.
  10. bebersol

cam follower

I'm posting a pic of 2 HPFP cam followers. the one on the left changed out at 21,000 mi is the factory cam follower, run with Castrol 5-40 full synthetic purchased from the dealer. I changed the breakin oil at 1,000 mi. The one on the right was changed at 43,000 mi (22,000 mi of use) and run...
  11. bebersol

The Clutch Conundrum

It seems my clutch is starting to slip (in 6th at WOT) a little. I have some mods, but I’m running the stock tune and I drive easy most of the time, only occasionally going WOT. So at 39,900 miles this was extremely surprising. I’m been driving manuals for nearly 50 years, and usually get well...
  12. bebersol

Important FYI if you use dealership for service

Interesting post in the MK7 forum that discusses how dealership techs are compensated. very enlightening. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=380995&posted=1#post380995
  13. bebersol

after market Batteries

My old Vartha is getting a little weak in the knees and I'm researching replacement batteries, Here's what I've learned. 2 types of batteries Lead Acid and Lithium - Lithium are very expensive (like $1,500). 2 types of lead acid, Lead acid bath and AGM(absorbed glass mat) - Both are basically...
  14. bebersol

FS set of 4 18" Talladega’s (2013-R) $650

FS set of 4 18" Talladega’s (2013-R) In Dallas Fort Worth area
  15. bebersol

FS set of 4 18" Talladega’s (2013-R) $700

I have a set of 4 Talladega wheels. color: Silver condition: 3 excellent no road rash or paint chips, 1 minor bend from pothole no paint loss. Tire was toast. Estimate of $135 to repair. entire set for $650 OBO buyer pays shipping. From VW these wheels are about $800.
  16. bebersol

carbon cleaning

All direct injection engines with factory ERG systems are subject to carbon build up. This is supposed to be a DIY solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwoHX8V3OW8 has anybody tried this? I built a home made cleaner with carb cleaner going straight into the air intake (where the...
  17. bebersol

Hybrid CAI

Here’s the pics of my Neuspeed CAI with the Volant PowerCore filter. The Neuspeed filter element is junk, and as you can see from my engine compartment we’re having a very dusty summer here in Texas. The PowerCore filter flows about the same as the Neuspeed but has a much higher cleaning...
  18. bebersol

Choosing the right sparkplugs for your R

The Golf MK6 R has a EA113 2.0 R4 16v TFSI CDL (188KW – 199KW) engine, The North American model is coded as a CRZ-A engine (North American market). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_petrol_engines The following are the recommended sparkplugs for the (188KW – 199KW) CDL...
  19. bebersol

Stretch bolts or not stretch bolts

I was doing a Tyrol Sport sub-frame deadset kit this weekend and ran into the age old question on the sub-frame bolts. Here’s what I've discovered, and I thought I'd share it. Food for thought or fuel for the discussion “When elongating a fastener prior to reaching the yield point, the...
  20. bebersol

new wheels

I hit a pothole which destroyed one of my OEM wheels, so I could either by a new OEM wheel for almost $700 or look into new wheels. This is what I got (I lean towards the old speedline rally wheel look)