GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

GIAC Flashloader - $45

***SOLD***Up for sale is a GIAC flashloader in great condition. Please email with any questions or more pictures. Thanks for looking!
  2. J

APR Carbonio Stage 1 intake

****SOLD 11/30**** Up for sale is my APR Carbonio stage 1 intake in great condition. Used three years on my GTI and filter cleaned every 8-10,000 miles. Sold the GTI and selling this plus the two Unibrace brackets (XB & UB). Asking $****SOLD****. Link to PICS (just cleaned filter before...
  3. J

Help! Car stalling after startup?

Has anyone ever had the car rough idle then stall out 10-30 seconds after startup? First happened last weekend then happened again last night. Have 42,000 miles on the car, Stage 2 GIAC w/ DP, and have had CEL code P2096 ever since the tune 3+ years ago. Scanned the car after this happened...
  4. J

Anyone surf? What to do with kessy key??

What do you guys who surf do with your kessy key when you paddle out. I've left mine on the trailer hitch before, but if someone grabs the door handle or lifts the trunk, the car will unlock (gun, wallet, etc inside). Other than burying it in a plastic bag, any other ideas?? Thanks!
  5. J

Samsung Note II not pairing with car?

Has anyone else used a Samsung Note II and been able to connect via bluetooth to the car? Mine doesn't want to find the car at all, no matter how many youtube videos/google searches I do. I did have a Motorola ph paired up until last month so maybe I need to delete that from the car somehow...
  6. J

It's 10 O'clock (EST). Do you know where your VW is?

Mine is sitting in the garage absolutely COVERED in pollen. NE FL thinks it's springtime now with temps in the 60-80's recently...
  7. J

CEL code: P2096

Not sure if this has anything to do with my recent 6 gallons of 100 octane Sunoco (I asked specifically if it was unleaded), but last week, 130 miles after going back to the 93 tune, I got a CEL. Scanned using my Torque app and it gave me: Code 2096 "post catalyst fuel trim system too lean...
  8. J

Sunoco 100 octane gas

I have Sunoco 100 oct fuel about 2 miles from my house, so I had my tuner add the 100 oct file when he did my Stage 2 update last month. Got a switcher 2 weeks ago ($35 on eBay for the hw GIAC piece) and burned my tank of 93 oct down to 5 miles left on trip range a week ago. My impressions at...
  9. J

Burn-out... Not!

I know this is old, but man those are some great clips! Was waiting for the Neon guy to say something. Anything. Don't think I could have held back at least a few foul words.
  10. J

AWE downpipe install complete!

Just finished my AWE downpipe install and boy-o-boy that was fun. Took me 3 hours total. Whew. I thought the intercooler install was actually pretty easy, but this was a PITA, for me anyway. Maybe because it was 90 degrees in my garage during install, or maybe all the up/down vs. all standing...
  11. J

Air compressor blow gun for front grill

Washed my car yesterday and remembered how much of a pain it is to dry the front grill/bumper section. Water just keeps coming and coming and coming out of the VW logo and all the little honeycomb sections are a pain to dry too. I don't like the hard water stains that come from all these...
  12. J

Anyone here with Unibrace UB with downpipe?

Might have jumped the gun with the UB before my downpipe arrives, but it will be here next week and my AWE downpipe should arrive in the next month or two. Can anyone confirm clearance using the AWE and UB? Thanks in advance!
  13. J

GIAC Stage 1+ tune

So, I've gone and done the complete opposite of everything I've said and had the GIAC Stage 1+ tune done yesterday. Only have about 20 miles on it so far (and the temps have been 95+ here) but things feel really, really good. I was waffling back and forth between APR and REVO, and intended to...
  14. J

Catback with hitchmount??

I put a hitchmount on my car about 4 months ago so I could haul my bikes and now I'm thinking about a catback (just got my downpipe in yesterday). Some of the brands I've looked at don't look like they'd fit, while others look like they might (Eurojet, APR, Magnaflow). Anyone ever tried...
  15. J

Stage 2 first, or just go to Stage 1???

Being a total noob myself, I ordered the Carbonio intake last week with plans to take the car to Gainesville soon for an APR tune. Trying to decide if I should order the downpipe next OR the IC next as I don't want to drive back and forth to G-Ville (3.5 hours roundtrip) to change tune levels...