GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Thinking about going K04

I have 39,000 miles on my car and before I get the 40k service I have seriously considered just selling the car to get something newer than my 2012 GTI (dsg). It's been APR Stage 1 with Carbonio CAI since 5,000 miles and I also put on VWR subframe mounts. I just recently thought that, instead...
  2. K

How much have you gotten from Carmax?

I took my 2012 GTI 4-dr DSG with PZEV and Sunroof to CarMax today. It has 38,450 miles and I have my snow tire setup on. I also have the APR cold air intake and VWR subframe mounts along with APR stage 1 tune. I know I could get a better offer as stock, but I'd I sell now as is, I keep my...
  3. K

Getting the VWR subframe mounts

August 9th. I'm hoping the vibrations won't be too bad. At that points I'll be APR Stage 1 with Carbonio CAI and the VWR subframe mount. The only thing I'll be missing is tints, and I think my modding will be complete. =)
  4. K

What is this noise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrlxuoBpUF0&feature=youtu.be Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. I was able to replicate the bad sounds during driving I've been having with the car in D with the parking brake engaged, and giving it a little gas. Please help!!!
  5. K

What is my car's problem?

It is sort of hard to explain, so forgive me if it's difficult to understand. While ascending a slight incline or a hill at lower speeds (gas pedal must be engaged, usually just a little bit), my car makes a soft-grinding to a squealing type noise. Idk, the noise is difficult to explain but it...
  6. K

Help, loss of power.

On my way home from work today, the car was acting fine and then I went to accelerate up a hill and the car could not accelerate any faster. I pulled onto a side road and turned the car off and waited a minute. I turned it back on but it took a little longer to start. A CEL popped up (I don't...
  7. K

Subframe drop, VWR subframe mount install time question

My dad owns a collision shop and he always does all my work with me on my GTI, but I just moved 450 miles away. I got a quote at a dealer for 3.5 hours of labor at $110 per hour. That seems entirely too long for this install... I figured it would take 2 hours, max. Does anyone else find that...
  8. K

Dogbone mount reinstall issue, please help.

So I received the wrong dogbone mount insert, but didn't realize it until well into the installation. I greased that bad boy up, did the jack trick but the front two pegs of the insert to go into the bushing were so off, I cut them off and just slid them into the voids in the bushing. The...
  9. K

Temperature gauge stays at 190 degrees

And never changes. When I turn the car on, 190. While driving, 190. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you go about getting it fixed?
  10. K

Carpet bubble?

I have a 2 week old GTI and I bought a complete car care kit, Meguiars (sp?). Anyways, I decided to take them all out of my trunk and noticed once opened inside the plastic bag it was in leaving some black tire keeper seeped into the carpet (didn't notice bubbling at the time). Went to put...
  11. K

DSG problem or my ignorance?

Sorry for the following question, I've looked for the answer but haven't found it yet. Twice I have kicked over from D to manual mode in my 2012 GTI while in 6th gear, but when i press the gas (push the pedal very far), I don't accelerate and I have to kick it back into D in order to go any...
  12. K

I've done it!

I am excited! I've bought my first "real" car. 2012 GTI 4-door DSG in CSG with sunroof and conv. I will be picking it up in the middle/end of this week. Wanted to thank all the posters here who have posted oodles of useful and entertaining information. I was worried with the 2013s just about...
  13. K

Looking to become a part of the GTI club

I have just graduated college and I have been working for a couple of weeks at a great paying job. I have been scouring the car market for months on what my vehicle choice would be. I have picked the 2012 4-dr CSG GTI. Either going to get sunroof/nav. or conv./sunroof. I am talking to a few...