GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Reducing road noise to improve audio experience

I was wondering if anyone has done extensive sound deadening / noise reduction to make their GTI quieter who could share their experience. I had a very good result installing a combination DMA (Raamat) / closed cell foam (Ensolite) on the floor of my Miata; it made a huge difference and made...
  2. G

Installing LC2i for subwoofer, which speakers to tap?

Today I am replacing my HU with an RNS 315 :happyanim:, and at the same time I plan to tap the stock wiring harness for an output to an LC2i to eventually drive a sub. Everyone says to tap the rear speakers, but why not tap the front speakers? Is there an issue or problem with tapping the front...
  3. G

OEM Stereo/Nav upgrade options for a 2012 GTI

I'd like to get some input on my plans to upgrade our "base" 2012 (DSG 4 door) GTI. It has the basic (non touch) stereo, and no multifunction controls on the steering wheel. It does have bluetooth that works with controls on the right stalk, so there is a mic somewhere. I'd like to upgrade...
  4. G

GA Peachpass and windshield: Does it work?

We live outside Atanta, and read in the owner's manual that some radio tags won't work due to the windshield having metal oxides. Has anyone used a GTI with the Peachpass? Will we need to order the outside unit in order to use it? Thanks!
  5. G

WTB: RNS 315 or 510

I am looking for a good condition RNS 315 or 510 (315 preferred. Willing to pay a fair price depending on the HW and firmware revision, condition, and options. Let me know what you have! I am in Suwanee, GA and this will be installed in a 2012 GTI that currently has the stock basic radio (no...