GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Camber question!!!

Front camber is out pretty bad on completely stock suspension.... Mechanic informs no possible adjustment on them without camber adjustment plates or resetting of the subframe. Neither of those solutions seem right, although they aren't exactly wrong if that makes sense. As far as I know if the...
  2. K

WTB: CW color matched side markers....

Looking for a set of color matched sidebmarkers for my gti CW
  3. K

Shifter question!!!

Hey there guys! I have a friend with a 2010 GTI and as of today he cannot find 6th gear!!! There is no grinding to get into it or any noise and sometimes he can get there but its almost impossible to find. My guess is either his shift linkage needs to be adjusted or his synchro is dead. Any...
  4. K

MK6 vs MK6

So here is an interesting tale..... I have a GTI and my buddy has a GTI... So we decided to do some fun cat/mouse type driving and at this time I am just stock except a stage 2 clutch with lightweight flywheel and an intake. Buddy has a TBE stage 2 clutch and intake. Well... I imagine that with...
  5. K

Alternative to the Deadset Kit?

Hey there. Aside from the OEM TSB bolts is there any other alternatives to this? I'm tired of my subframe click i've put in new bolts but nah doesn't work... Can i but a spacer in the hole with a passat bolt to fill it in where it has no room to move? anyone try this? It almost seems like the...
  6. K

Another forge spacer thread

Hey guys.... Anyone that has a or had a forge spacer feel free to comment! Anyone else feel free to comment hahaha. Has anyone had issues with the spacer sweating oil? When i had it on it seemed to do that, but I'm not so sure. I was considering putting it back on but with my recent timing...
  7. K

Euro headlight switch "AUTO" feature question

Hey guys just got an auto switch. I know at some point I need to wire up the parking light feature. But my main question is how to get foglights to work with the Auto option... I know I can't pull it out which sucks and I haven't found a way to make it work via google... but I was wondering if...
  8. K

Car died today!!!!

So just want to know some opinions here.... Stalled out at a stop light started it back up stalled by itself and then i finally got it started and it was all stuttery/burpy but i got it to the firestone in the area and they are going to look at it.... but i think it may be the fuel pump? any...
  9. K

Singlee mass flywheel question

I have one question about this that has been puzzling to me but never got around to asking it. Trust me its not what you think haha. I know the smf lets you hear more gear and transmission noises but does it also allow the engine noise to be amplified as well? I don't know if I'm asking this...
  10. K

XDS questions

Does the XDS use the rear brakes more than the front? My XDS is set to max level which will be turned down because I don't drive like a racecar anymore.... but I'm at 45K miles and I changed my rear brakes today. They were around 2mm or less thick and squealing but my fronts look almost...
  11. K

another fun topic

If the downpipe flange holes are slightly bigger than the turbo studs will that cause movement under heavy loads or will it be fine if tightened properly?
  12. K

Handling issues

HELLO FRIENDS! I'm having some issues with my car..... Obvious reason why I'm posting. It all started after my subframe had come loose and started the infamous subframe shift isssue.... yay fun fof me right? well it wasn't fun to drive and for a while I thought it was an axle issue but I was...
  13. K

stock downpipe with stage 2 tune

Would it be fine to run a stock downpipe with stage 2 tune for a couple days until I can downgrade the tune?
  14. K

EPC light........

Got the EPC light tonight.... Took my car in for 30k service got back to work got off around 10 put some gas in and took off light came on....... Car felt fine turned off and back on EPC light went off..... Let it idle for a couple minutes and heard a click in the engine and a pop from the...
  15. K

Hit the rev limiter....

So today while passing a car i hit the rev limiter usually i shift before that but i guess not this time and it made a weird like tick/pow noise out of the exhaust i have never heard before.... I have revved the car that high before i was stage 2 only with stage one though.... are the noises i...
  16. K

Question on the Forge Spacer

I have the spacer, not currently installed for the third time. I love the way it makes the car sound I really want to have this on the car... But I can't get the top bolt to stay tight... ever. So how have you guys that have this made the bolt stay tight and not come loose??? The bottom two do...
  17. K

Another downpipe question

I have searched this.... I don't use the site search as its terrible but I do use "site:golfmk6.com" in google that helps a lot but I'm wondering if you guys have any pictures of the Godspeed downpipe "modified" to fit the cbfa engine or any detailed info on what i would need to do to the...
  18. K

NEED HELP FAST!

OKAY! I just got my S3 shifter and I installed it today. After install I cannot find 1st, 2nd, 5th, or 6th gear.... As I have done a short shift install before in my Golf 2.5L, I figured this would be the same and it seemed like it was... Now I swapped back to the stock shifter and the same...
  19. K

MKVI vs MKIV

Hi guys! just wanted to tell my adventures from 1/4/2014. Met up with a buddy of mine, he has a 1.8T GLI. His mods: APR K04, Stage 1 clutch(dunno what) and Injen CAI. My mods: Unitronic Stage 1+, SB Stage 2 clutch/lightweight flywheel and random intake. We did a few pulls. They were pretty...
  20. K

Looking for Vagcom!

Looking for someone with vagcom in NC. I'm in the Raleigh area. I will go to Raleigh(Downtown preferable), Cary, Apex, Garner, Smithfield, and Clayton.... Durham if I can get it for free(far drive) ;) Don't really want to go to a tuner to do it. Gimme a price and location :) Also if you're in...