GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Need an opinion on purchase

I get payed this friday and i was looking at an intercooler and was wondering what you guys thought of it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-a3-fsi-tsi-2-0t-06-10-vw-gti-jetta-mk5-mk6-turbo-intercooler-kit-gen2-/181247874455?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a33371597&vxp=mtr Is it...
  2. S

Need more power :/

Hey guys im currently stage 2 with a catless downpipe an apr intake, what would be a big mod i can do without going K04 i was thinking about an intercooler or a meth kit? what do you guys think it should be? If you must know i dont want to k04 because I am on a budget and cant run out and spend...
  3. S

Need help choosing

Hey guys I just recently got a new job and i honestly want to upgrade my car. I dont know where to start the search but i know i want a turbo car. I was thinking about the Genesis but was also looking at some STI. I dont want anything FWD i want something RWD or AWD. Any suggestions on were i...
  4. S

Intercooler help...

Hey guys so im looking for a better intercooler and im not going to pay $1000 for an apr one, I have done my research and people say that the godspeed one is based off of the apr one so they have about the same structure and everything but i found a few new brands that are extremely cheap but i...
  5. S

Whats the best meth kit

Hey guys ive been looking into a water/meth kit and I have been wondering what is the best meth kit? Is the aem meth kit better than coolingmist? Also would i need a tank for mine or would it be possible to tap into something like the windshield wiper fluid tank. Is there any specific place that...
  6. S

Clay Bar and detailing

Hey guys so i decided today to give my car a nice little wash and detail and you would not believe how much the clay bar help with the back hatch. Honestly i think its a must do to anyone who is washing their car. The car looks brand new... sorta. Also is there any way to remove dents and paint...
  7. S

Hitch on a gti?

Hey how have you guys felt with a hitch on a gti, like how is it holding on now and if you have any regrets. I want to get a jet ski but i only have my gti and the other people i can count on have civic si, so that wont help too much. Has anyone towed a jet ski before? and also i am worried...
  8. S

BOV or DV

Just being curious, do you guys still have your DV or have you installed a spacer or a BOV. Also if you have a DV or a BOV Comment what brand. I personally have a DV and love it :)
  9. S

I need new tires

Hey guys i'm almost at the end of my stock perelli tires. I want something that will stick to the ground when i launch but i dont want to drive down the road on slicks or on something that will be gone in a month. Please tell me what tire you have on your car and if it lasts, btw i am still...
  10. S

Used clutch?

Hey guys I honestly don't have the money for a new clutch and without it i cant start adding more mods to my car. I was wondering if you guys would recommend a used clutch? I don't want the whole kit, just you know the clutch disk lol. I don't want to buy a used one then it start slipping on me...
  11. S

Nos on gti?

Has anyone ever thought of putting nos on our cars? Is it even possible? Around my area there are a lot of jdm kids with hondas and all i hear is them talk about their 180 shot and all that trash talk. Not going to lie but some of those gutted civics on nos are pretty quick. Sorry in advance if...
  12. S

Apr intake question

Quick question. Is the intake for our cars actually carbon fiber or is it fiberglass with a carbon fiber paint. I have never seen carbon fiber in my life but when i got my intake it honestly looks like fiberglass on the inside.
  13. S

Will this affect anything?

Hey guys i'm going to remove the spare and all those goodies in my trunk and i was wondering if it is going to affect my car at all? Will i loose grip or gain grip? And is there anything else that i can remove from my car that wont really matter? Not the rear seat. And to anyone thats going to...
  14. S

Engine cover off?

Do you guys remove your engine covers? Just wondering because i saw a few gti videos and no one had their engine covers on so wondering what you guys do?
  15. S

How much is a new clutch

Hey, Ive looked in ecs tunning and their stage 1 clutch is so expensive and im not sure if i even need it. I was just wondering what you guys would get if you had stage 2 and your clutch started to slip. I don't want to buy a regular one from ecs because i dont want it to start slipping again...
  16. S

Whats happening to my car

When i press on the gas pedal all the way down when im in a low rpm and with traction control on, On a VERY hot day my rpms always seem to shoot up then down, like if my clutch is slipping. The only problem is that it only does it on extremely hot days so only about 2 times a month or not at all...
  17. S

Are there free mods?

Is there anything I can do to my car that wont cost me a penny? Like the soundaktor?
  18. S

Weight reduction

Hey guys so Im going to race a honda with turbo sometime this week and i was wondering what weight reduction can i do to my car that i can put back on later, I was thinking spare tire and maybe back seats but idk what do you guys think? Or even if its something not needed that i can remove would...
  19. S

Tire pressure

Hey so i was looking at threads and found out that the back tire should be higher than the front but what exact tire pressure would u recommend on the stock tires and rims? And is there a difference between the pressure for drag and for autocross? I read a site and AWE used 20 in front and i...
  20. S

What do i have to do to autocross my car?

Do i have to do anything special to autocross my car? I'm planning to start around September but im not too sure if my car is up to it, like should I upgrade my brakes or get coilovers? Sorry this is my first time thinking about autocrossing, also should i take a class?