GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

VW does me a solid: my warranty story

My Golf R is coming up on two years old, and approaching 35K. I've had a couple of warranty issues, mostly minor: malfunctioning horn and front door locks. VW was prompt to repair these. But after the first winter there was wear showing on the leading edge of the driver's side door, and white...
  2. I

Hit a cat: 500$ repair

Low speed impact, and cat survived because I am a nice guy and don't like to run over anything. Broke the louvered bits in the bumper. Replacing them will cost 500$. Seems VW only supplies replacement part with parking sensors that my car does not have. Don't know how much this adds to the cost...
  3. I

electrical gremlins

Wondering if anyone else has issues with electrical system: Started car this am, interior lights won't turn off, and rear washer/wiper does not work. Have had issues for awhile: in the first few months there sounded to be a short in the left speaker. Confirmed by dealer and they ordered the...
  4. I

ESP

Snow has arrived here in MA, and I am enjoying driving my R in it, but I don't like the ESP function (sic.) As I am casually drifting into a turn, suddenly one wheel decides to stop, and then I have to make a correction that would have otherwise been unnecessary. What is the point of this? If...
  5. I

APR Stage 1 mileage

Visiting CA, and a friend has loaned me his 2013 RB R to take an extended drive over the Sierra Nevada. Basically took all day to drive from Mono Lake to SF. Missed the turn for Tioga, and came across Emmet's Pass- this is one of the most beautiful drives I have ever done: very narrow road...
  6. I

Best dealer in Bay Area CA?

A friend is looking in the SF area for an R. Can anyone make a recommendation where to go? Funny thing is, he could get pretty much any car his heart desires, and for a variety of reasons, one of which is that I have liked mine well enough, he's looking at the R. Thanking you all in advance...