GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Bugs inside LED tail lights

Both of my rear lights have a dead spider stuck inside them :( I've taken the lights out but it looks like there is no way to get into them. The front plastic cover is permanently glued on with a seal and looks like if I try to pry the cover off it will break the plastic. I guess they are...
  2. F

UK Dealer servicing

Hi All My local dealer offers a Minor service which they suggest every other year, and Major service which they suggest every 24 months. From what I can tell a Major service includes pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs and a more thorough check as well as the usual oil and filter change...
  3. F

DSG clutch slip /w stage1

I've had Bluefin stage1 on my GTI for about 750 miles now and I'm really impressed with it. It's definitely improved over the last few hundred miles and feels really strong, far quicker than my old MKV R32 infact! One problem I've noticed in the last week is what seems to be clutch slip. When...
  4. F

Can you identify this part?

Hi All My GTI is missing the foglight cover on the inside of the bumper, but try as I might I cant find the actual name or part number of this. Does anyone know? Uploaded with ImageShack.us Thanks
  5. F

DSG - What counts a false neutral?

I've got a 2010 GTI DSG with 31k on the clock. Sometimes when getting in the car and pulling away there is no drive so I put my foot back on the brake, give it a couple of seconds and all is OK. Or I get to a junction at the end of a road and begin breaking to check the way is clear, I try to...
  6. F

Anyone been on a trackday?

Has anyone been on a trackday, know of any good tracks doing an open pitlane? I wouldn't mind taking my GTI on a track at some point to see what it can really do! Shame none of my mates are really into cars that much so will probably be on my own! :lol:
  7. F

Bluetooth retrofit?

Hi all I've got the DVD/Nav system in my GTI with the Phone button on the radio and steering wheel, but the car didnt have bluetooth fitted. Is it just a case of installing the bluetooth module and mic (I've seen these on ebay?), or is it not possible to fully integrate with the radio? I've...
  8. F

Do I need to replace my diverter valve?

Hi all I'm looking to get a Bluefin remap on my mk6 GTI as they seem to have a good rep and can be done DIY. How do I know whether I have the fragile plastic DV or the newer metal core DV without taking it off, is there anything I can check? I've read of the older ones splitting so want to...