GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI2.01

GTI not starting after chewed headlight sires

I’ve been having a problems w/ a groundhog climbing in my engine bay. Went away for vacation and came back to find the an orange bulb light and red steering wheel on. I drove the car and was fine. Lights work and no steering issues. Found a very chewed wire. Ran fine yesterday but today it won’t...
  2. GTI2.01

Godspeed Mono-SS coilovers

I’ve been trying to decide on coilovers, and found these. Anyone have experience w/ them? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-godspeed-parts/godspeed-mono-ss-coilover-set-adjustable-dampening/mss0400~god/
  3. GTI2.01

TDI intake manifold flap replacement

Has anyone done this and had good results? Sure beats buying a whole new intake manifold for $300-$400 from the dealer or a dealer quote of $700. Any tips on this? http://www.dieselgeek.com/P2015_Repair_Bracket_p/egr-p2015-711ag.htm
  4. GTI2.01

Forge manual boost controler

Does this really work with our cars? I am a little skeptical.
  5. GTI2.01

Rough idle

Lately my car has been running rough, but no cel. It seems to hesitate on acceleration too. I have about 60k on the car now. I haven't done a tune up yet, because a local VW dealership told me that it is a 60k service, but from what I see online is that a lot of people do it at 40k. I was...
  6. GTI2.01

Stock GTI vs. Dodge Charger R/T

Today I had a Charger that looked and sounded stock next to me at a light. When the road was wet, and from a rolling start we were equal. My GTI only has a Neuspeed p-flow, which basically does nothing but make noise. I am guessing this Charger was a V6, which I guess is close 0-60 as a GTI. I...
  7. GTI2.01

Do you think this will be totaled?

My wife was in her 11' JSW making a right turn and a douche BMW driver tried to pass her on the right. This was a hill and bend in the road, so he claimed he thought she was making a left. This jerk yelled at my wife too and it really pissed me off because she pregnant and due tomorrow. Luckily...
  8. GTI2.01

Stock MkVI GTI vs. Mazda 3 with mods

Today I had a guy at a traffic light who wanted to race me. I didn't want to because, well street racing is illegal. So I let the guy go, he got pissed and tried to road rage with me because of that I guess. He pulled in front of me a few times and slammed on the brakes. I just let him go and...
  9. GTI2.01

Acceleration problem

I think my clutch (6SM) may be slipping, but this doesn't seem normal. Basically in 1st and 2nd gears when accelerating I have some major hesitation around 3k RPM. Sometimes I will hit the throttle to 3k, shift, get nothing, then my car launches forward. It is very different than lag or rev...
  10. GTI2.01

Flywheel and clutch problems at 45k

I have a 6SM and have been hearing that loud noise that sounded like a defective flywheel. I first brought it into my dealer around 30k and they couldn't find anything. It got worse over time, so I had them look at it. They said the found "hot spots on the clutch and flywheel" which indicates...
  11. GTI2.01

How many people on here have owned older gen VWs?

I'm just curious on VW cars only. What have you owned besides a MkVI? I'll start: Now: 2010 GTI 6SM Previous: 2008 Rabbit 2.5 5SM 1998 GTI 2.0 5SM 1995 Jetta VR6 5SM 1982 Jetta 1.6D 5SM
  12. GTI2.01

MKVI GTI vs. Jetta MKIII VR6 (lightly modded)

I have had a debate with my friend about which of the 2 cars I have owned on which was faster. My friend thinks my GTI now is faster, but I think the Jetta might have been. GTI: 2 door 6SM P-flow 3100 lbs? Jetta VR6 5SM Lighten flywheel Autotech 262 cams P-flow New south intake gasket (lower...
  13. GTI2.01

New here

I just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have owned many VWs over the years. I bought this 2010 GTI CSM 6SPM as a used demo car with 13k on it in 2011 and it is by far my favorite stock VW I have ever owned. I of course will want a little more out of it, but I'm not looking to...