GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

finally pulling the trigger

Well guys I'm finally going to do it. Believe it or not I have been shopping around for a new car since Summer of 2006. And the first car that I was considering was a Civic. I then thought I would go with an Accord or Camry or maybe the Saturn Aura. But then I ran into the VW GTI ads and...
  2. G

Sams club pricing

Sams claims that they can get me $250 below invoice. Is that a good price these days for a GTI?
  3. G

What the hell is wrong with VW USA?

Here it is October and the website still shows the MKV GTI configurator, as if we can order one of those.
  4. G

R20 bits and pieces

So here is a question. Will the R20 turbo be identical to the stock turbo in the GTI? Basically I'm wondering if the R20 is just a GTI with AWD and a stage 1 flash. Or will it have a beefier turbo allowing for a more robust flash upgrade than is possible for a GTI? I will be pissed if this...
  5. G

You're not gonna believe this

At my place of employment, a student is going through her field training. I just found out that her fiancee is some higher up in management in VW and is in the Golf MKVI team. So I gave her some questions to ask him. He claims to have not heard anything about the R20 or the Scirrocco coming...
  6. G

help me find this blog

A couple years ago I found a car blog that focused only on luxurious high end cars. The blogger was some young blonde guy with a swedish or norwegian sounding name. He would make video reviews of older luxury cars, an 80's BMW 7 series is one that comes to mind. Anyone know the name of the blog?
  7. G

help me find this blog

A couple years ago I found a car blog that focused only on luxurious high end cars. The blogger was some young blonde guy with a swedish or norwegian sounding name. He would make video reviews of older luxury cars, an 80's BMW 7 series is one that comes to mind. Anyone know the name of the blog?
  8. G

saw an Alfa Mito in Saginaw MI today

Weird, I wonder where it came from? Sorry no pics.
  9. G

My Hyundai Genesis 2.0L test drive

bleh:thumbdown: This thing is boring. The engine isn't very smooth, the interior is nowhere near as nice as the GTI, and it costs about the same. I came into this test drive very enthusiastic, and left feeling like a cat that had just been thrown in the bath tub.
  10. G

Why the Supra?

Why is it that the Supra is so often considered a tuners car. It seems there are a lot of 1000hp Supras out there. The car didn't start out anywhere near that powerful as stock did it? I know nothing about tuning, is there something inherently better about the supra for tuning than using say...
  11. G

Megan Fox and her ugly thumb

This is a weird topic. I just watched the Transformers movie, and there is a scene where Megan Fox (the brunette) is driving the wrecker with bumblebee in the back and they show a close up of her hand. She has an ugly stubby thumb. You know how some people have thumbs (usually guys) where...
  12. G

BMW M3 versus the Bugatti Veyron

http://jalopnik.com/cars/dragstrip-adventures/shootout-2008-bmw-m3-v-bugatti-veyron-303392.php?autoplay=true At first I thought the M3 was quicker off the line because it is lighter but I think it was given a head start because the Veyron supposedly can do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.
  13. G

Whats up with coupes vs sedans?

Why is it that in the lower name vehicle manufacturers such as honda, toyota, VW, ford, GM sedans usually cost more than their coupe counterparts? Yet in some of the luxury names such as Infiniti and BMW, the coupes cost more than the equivalent sedan?
  14. G

MSRP = 1/2 x annual income

Do you guys follow any kind of rule of thumb that tells you how expensive of a car you can afford based on your annual salary? For instance, up to this point the most expensive car I have purchased is my little 2000 Chevy Prizm for $13000. At the time Our household income was about $40,000...