GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Chris Harris Buying Advice

Gotta love Chris Harris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728MLtVImvo
  2. B

Windshield cracked need advice

Definitely need to replace it. In my neck of the woods (Canada) virtually every vehicle that's driven through the winter will have windshields that at best look like yours. In the last 7 years I've had to replace the windshield 4 times. So don't feel bad as it could be a lot worse!
  3. B

2019 Mazda3

I agree the torsion-beam is a bummer but look at the Fiesta ST and Mazda 2 - everyone seems to praise the handling on those cars. If done right it might not be that bad. And yes - bring back the Speed 3!
  4. B

Hey Canadians

I didn't know there was 4 month leases - 12 months I've seen before but who would waste money on that short of a lease? A 12 month lease (no money down) on a base DSG Golf R would cost you a cool monthly payment of ~$1500 CDN!!!
  5. B

Hey Canadians

You know, I think that’ll ring true for the coming electric cars as they’ll change as quick as cell phones and no one will want to keep them as the new improved is right around the corner.
  6. B

Hey Canadians

Why does the US get 6yr/72k bumper to bumper from VW but Canada only gets 4yr/48k bumper to bumper? You wanna trade? I’ll throw in the extended warranty for your toaster!
  7. B

Tesla Pickup Truck?

Trucks are the number 1,2,3 best selling vehicles in North America so I’m surprised Tesla wouldn’t have started there vs the sedan which isn’t a great seller (body style wise). I’m interested in the truck for sure.
  8. B

Best Car Ad Ever?

I still love the "Unpimp VW" commericals ..... we've all seen cars like these ones! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Dx9MhrqcE That R8 V10 is a great one too!
  9. B

2018 Audi RS3

Don't get me wrong, this will be a great car but when this gets up to Canada it will be well into the $75000 Cdn range ....... there's lots of better driver's cars in this bracket. Depends on how much you want the Audi brand I suppose. Just saw your post in the 'previous rides' thread so I...
  10. B

MK6 GTI - Intake, TOP, Stock DP & Sways

MK6 GTI - CTS TOP - SOLD Hey guys, Still have a CTS Turbo Outlet pipe for sale for the stock turbo: CTS TOP (stock turbo) - maybe 10,000km's on it - SOLD! [/B] Thanks
  11. B

Mazda Speed 3... yay or nay???

I found the clutch to be quite heavy and it released/engaged high up. Didn't work me but works for lots of other folks as I'm not a manual/clutch 'master'.
  12. B

Mazda Speed 3... yay or nay???

I owned a 2011 Speed 3 for about 2 years and it's still a memorable experience. Compared to the GTI it's faster (especially higher up the RPM range) and a stiffer/flatter ride. The aftermarket support is awesome and having a Cobb Tuner is the best thing out there. It doesn't feel as refined...
  13. B

Winter wheels low km's

A set of winter alloys (Replika r133a) with Conti Winter Extreme 205/55/16. Used extremely lightly through 2 winters - maybe 8000km's on them. Excellent shape. Wheels do not need hub rings or different bolts .... they are a direct fit. Can arrange for wheels to be in the lower mainland...
  14. B

MK6 GTI Part out

Hey guys, Here's a few things from the GTI .... everything has about 1 yr on it and roughly 15000km's (except filter and plugs new obviously). All prices are CDN$, paypal and COD accepted .... will ship (also will ship to the US). Buyer pays shipping (to be calculated) Any questions, need...
  15. B

Trading in with a Tune/DP

Hey guys, Looking at trading in the 2012 GTI (non-VW dealership) with a downpipe and tune on it. They already did their inspection and gave me the trade-in price which was good. They didn't ask if it was tuned and I didn't mention it. So, with only 38k km's on it there's warranty left but...
  16. B

I test drove a mazdaspeed 3 today

I bought a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 new and quickly modded it. I loved it but the heavy clutch literally became a pain in my butt for a DD. So I got the only auto hatch I could for a decent price. I do miss it .... Compared to the GTI I thought it looked better, felt special and had more...
  17. B

APR Mobile connection issue

Hey guys, Had the APR Mobile dongle for a few months now and have been enjoying it. I leave it plugged in the OBD port and haven't had any issues until recently. The dongle is not recognized on my ipad (tried another one and tried an android device to see if it could sense a Bluetooth device)...
  18. B

2015 Mustangs discounted already

Wow to live in the land of cheap cars and cheap gas. Up north here my local dealer is charging $47k CAD for a premium auto before our lovely 12% sales tax. You guys really have no idea how lucky you have it when it comes to cars.....
  19. B

Review - KMD Lower Stress Bar Kit

Hey guys, Been on here for a bit lurking but never created a thread. First a little background .... 2012 GTI DSG with APR stage 2, Volant intake, CTS DP, CTS TOP and Ultra Racing Mid Brace. Stock everything else including the Pirelli's. Grew up with a 69 Chevelle that was constantly modded...