GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Gti207

FS: DEPO LED Tail Lights- $200

I'm selling the car, local offers for the tails much preferred. -Nick
  2. Gti207

Shell V-Power Nitro+

Oh don't get me started on the biodiesel problem around here, just ridiculous to think all the German manufacturers still sell their vehicles in a region where the available gas is out of specification for the cars. I believe they mostly sell b11 in Illinois whereas the German diesels can accept...
  3. Gti207

Shell V-Power Nitro+

Id like to think that's this is the beginning of a movement that would bring higher quality fuels to America, but my senses tell me it's a marketing gimmick.
  4. Gti207

Shell V-Power Nitro+

Just filled up with this new fuel shell is offering, it was pricey but the car felt good. Its supposed to have a lot of lube to decrease friction and thus let the car rev more freely. I don't know if they're offering it everywhere, but its worth giving it a try. Has any else had experience with it?
  5. Gti207

Sealant or Wax?

Do you use a sealant or wax on your gti? What are your favorite products? I personally use wax but I'm thinking of switching to a sealant because they last much longer.
  6. Gti207

Stage 1 MK7 vs Stage 2 MK6

Now before we get all excited this is more of an inquiry. I still can't believe these two haven't been lined up. I know the mk7 is a monster, but in stage 1 form its numbers are peaky compared to a stage 2 mk6. I am surprised these two haven't been lined up yet to be honest. Has anyone had any...
  7. Gti207

TOP or DV+ ?

Which mod would you go with first for more power/drivability?
  8. Gti207

Focus ST vs GTI

I read this and was surprised at the performance data. I can see why these STs don't run away from our cars that easily. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1504_2015_ford_focus_st_first_test/
  9. Gti207

Does this look right?

I recently went stage two and it feels great, however, without a boost gauge I'm always doubting the car. Does this pull look normal? It's important to note that the road was downhill in the beginning, then uphill midway through. Any opinions are greatly appreciated! http://vimeo.com/115686838
  10. Gti207

I wish these guys luck

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5276 It seems like this problem is bigger than I originally thought. I was considering the mk7 but what good is all the tuned power if the turbos keep failing.
  11. Gti207

Do we make more power in the winter?

For those of you who live in places with cold winters, wouldn't we make more power when it's 20 degrees out? Our IATs would be lower so wouldn't the engine advance timing?
  12. Gti207

Launch Control Shifts

Has anyone else noticed the difference in redline shifts when launch control is used? It's almost as if the car surges forward with each shift.
  13. Gti207

Apr ecu tune for mk7 out!

You should post a race between the mk6 and mk7! At the strip or on a closed road in Mexico [emoji6]? I'm curious to see the difference. Congrats on the new car.
  14. Gti207

Best halogen h8 fog lights.

Hello all, I don't really feel like messing with resistors for led bulbs and the hid fogs are too bright imo. What is the best halogen bulbs (white) I can buy? Thanks for any help in advance
  15. Gti207

Apr ecu tune for mk7 out!

Alright help me out here. 2013 Drivers edition with 8500 miles. What do y'all think the stealerships will give me?
  16. Gti207

MK7 GTI 1/4 Mile

I just read that the mk7 will pull a 13.19 at 110 mph when stage 1 on APRs website. Holy shit.
  17. Gti207

Stage 2 total price question

So I'm planning in going stage 2 and I would like to have my facts straight. I want to mate the apr downpipe to the stock catback. For this my shop wants to charge $200. In addition to this they are asking for a $100 dollar stage 2 flashing fee. All in all it looks like it will be just over 1k...
  18. Gti207

Gti vs 5.0

Went on a cruise with my friend and his 5.0 stang A/T. I'm stage 1 with a Carbonio intake and he's 100% stock. We raced from 45 and it was pretty even until 80-90 at which point he comfortably pulled away. I will race again and video tape. I was pleased I could hang until 80-90 mph. Many will...