GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Long Term Reliability GTI with 64k miles

Guys, I have a 2010 mk6 gti with 64k miles and I dont have any reason to get a newer car for now. Considering vw dont have very good reliability ratings like a toyota or honda till what milage would it be wise to keep the GTI before I run into big fixes like a clutch. I already did the valve...
  2. T

Where to find Door sills for 2door GTIs

3. T

Using Sea Foam via gas tank

Guys, I bought the sea foam can (not the spray) for engine treatment and I am planning on pouring it into my gas tank. I rather not to the intake way etc with hose etc want to keep it simple I have read works almost the same in gas tank. Would you please help me out how to apply sea foam on a...
  4. T

Check Engine Light

Guys, Need advice. Yesterday my 2010 Vw gti with 60k miles turned on the light for first time after a year of purchase. I notice no change in engine after the car is warmed up. I do notice some misfires when it is cold but hell all cars after imperfect when cold. I took it to gunther in fort...
  5. T

Removing Clear Bra on Hood

Hey guys, previous owner had a tape or clear coat on the hook to prevent rocks from damaging paint but want to remove it to make it look brand new. Any suggestions on how to remove? I am worried paint will come off... Any suggestions?
  6. T

Headliner Falling Off. Suggestions?

Hey guys I have a 2010 MK6 GTI and headliner began falling off last week around dome light on top of back seats and the dome on top between driver and copilot seat. Any suggestions on how to fix this? My car has 59k miles and I am second owner so I doubt warranty will cover it.
  7. T

Right Front Speaker Noise with High Volume

How to fix Vibration Noise on Front Speaker Hey guys, I am experiencing vibration noise from right front speaker on loud volume levels from the bass. The left side is perfect nothing rattles or vibrates. Any ideas on how to fix this? It is a vibrating noise from the door. I am 100% it is not a...
  8. T

Trading in a 2010 GTI 50k miles for a 2008 R32 50k miles

Thinking of trading my 2010 GTI 50k miles manual transmission for a 2008 R32 50k miles. Do you think its a good trade if they both in same conditions? I love the r32 exhaust sound.
  9. T

Part Number for Front Tow Eye

Hey guys, Do you know the Part Number for Front Tow Eye for the photo below. I am confused with the parts diagram.
  10. T

GTI Tow Eye Cover Black

Anyone know where to buy a painted GTI Tow Eye Cover painted black. I found them for $12 only but then id have to paint it etc...
  11. T

MK7 RADIO ON MK6

Is it possible to change the 510 to the new mk7 gti radio?
  12. T

Anyone know where to find Door sills for 2door GTI? In Ebay I only found 1 or 2 for $60 which is high considering the 4doors costs $30. Any suggestions?
  13. T

DIY WAX/DETAIL

Any recomendations of products? Is it recommended to do this DIY? Or is it easy to mess the paint up?
  14. T

Cheapest way to get Vagcom + Cable

Whats the cheapest way to get Vagcom + Cable which source and price? I might be interested in doing some basic adjustments like coming home/ leaving home, lighting coding, code tail lights, etc.
  15. T

Trunk Door Noise

I am having noise from the trunk door when going over hard bumps and I am pretty sure its the door because I had something similar on jeep because of the heavy door with the tire. Doesnt sound that much but I do enjoy having a silent car in all conditions. Have you guys experienced this with...
  16. T

Quad Tips for Mk6 Gti

Anyone done this work like on the Mk7 R? It would be interesting considering to add quad tips to a mk6 gti. If so will this be possible with the oem rear stock muffler and will it fit on the oem rear valance?
  17. T

SOLD

SOLD
  18. T

Fix Dent

Hey guys, Someone ran into my while exiting out of a parking lot and did this (photo). I was able to remove the white but the dent is still there. Now you can barely notice it. Do you have any ideas how to bent it out again? I heard of a suction cup or even hit it from inside with a...
  19. T

Front Bumper Problem

Hey guys, I need this part indicated in red. Is it part 5 or 6? I am having the same problem on the right front side. Its a 2010 GTI Base model.
  20. T

Cost for Rear Brake Pad + Installation

Hey guys, Just did the first service for my 2010 GTI with 49,000 miles and the guys from VW dealer mentioned the rear brake pads need replacement. They quoted 79$ per brake pad plus the 1.5 Hour installation summing to $279 plus tax. Does this sound like a good pricing? Any suggestions? I am...