GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Z

2016 Ford Focus RS

I began this in the R forum because this particular vehicle is Ford's answer to the Golf R. Impressive specs...but I saw one in a local Ford showroom for $48K. $48K??? Really???? For that kind of money, I could buy a used R, drop a turbo-charged 3.6 in it and run rings around the Focus. Or...
  2. Z

Mark VI R vs. WRX STI

My GTI got hammered by a blonde bimbo in an Explorer last year, and the Accord V6 daily driver just isn't doing it for me. Mk6 R's are a scarce commodity...STI's are about as bad, but they are out there. I am torn...I've owned 4 GTI's, and want to buy the R. But there's a '15 STI base with...
  3. Z

ECS Dogbone Insert

$30 shipped to the lower 48. New, never used. Pic if you want. Bought it for my 2014 GTI...totaled last year so I don't need it.
  4. Z

ECS Dogbone Mount Insert Kit

SOLD!! ECS Dogbone Mount Insert Kit SOLD!! SOLD!
  5. Z

Sad day for my car

My airbags did not deploy, either...and the damage to my front end is considerably worse than yours: Bear in mind that I was hit from the rear before I impacted a guard rail, and that is what caused this damage. Perhaps the fact that the rear of the vehicle was struck before the front-end...
  6. Z

Gotta love chicks who text while driving...

Where she hit me...not all that badly damaged. Where I was knocked into the guard rail...most likely totaled the car. My GF and I were in the car...the driver of the other car(2007 Explorer)and her little girl were all OK. Now I have to deal with her insurance...GEICO.:mad:
  7. Z

MKVI Stage 2 Uni Vs. E36 M3

From the dig...twice-same result both times. BMW got the jump, and I reeled him in and pulled a car length before I had to back off for traffic. Love it when the weather cools down and heat soak isn't so much of a consideration. I did really like how that M3 sounded...still a sweet little ride.
  8. Z

I have $400 burning a hole in my pocket...

If you had the same "problem", what would you spend it on? See my sig line for my current mods...
  9. Z

Why was the Fluidampr thread closed?

So, was the power buy a scam, or what? Mods, please clue me in.
  10. Z

Civic Type-R driving impressions Video

Kinda ugly. But I'd drive one.
  11. Z

2014 Lexus IS F Sport 3.5

I was at a light turning right on red...traffic cleared and I turned. An IS F 3.5 ran through the red behind me and was on my bumper...he pulled into the left lane and it was on. From about 20 MPH to 90, were were door-to-door...at a bit over 90 he began to pull on me. At 100 I backed off, and...
  12. Z

What's up with SPM? Options on a engine,tranny mount?

Looking to buy a SPM mount kit (SPM #CH10-600Z-KN10-0), but no one has it in stock, nor can tell me how long it'll take to get one. Anyone know what's up? Any recommendations on a different mount kit for about the same price?
  13. Z

Best suspension mods for Stage 2, 2+?

I tried a couple of searches, but there are so many hits coming back, I don't know which thread will address my specific question. With that in mind, I thought I'd begin a new thread asking...I appreciate input. I am currently running a Uni Stage 2, and can see the day where I may go K04 and...
  14. Z

Why all the hype about R8 coil packs?

I run a Unitronic Stage 2 tune, and thought about putting them in. I asked both Unitronic and the service adviser at the dealership that did the tune(he runs a 2012 GTI with K04 and Stage 2+). According to both sources, the R8 won't add any HP or added performance. So... Why the hype? Or is...
  15. Z

How old is the average GTI owner here, and how many have you owned?

I'd wager that most are over 30. I am 55...on my fourth GTI-first one was a 1985 Mark I.
  16. Z

Touch-up paint for 2014 GTI wheels...

The stock wheels on mine are a painted aluminum...gray finish. Asked the dealership about it, and they were no help. Anyone know the OEM supplier so I could get some from them? I have a scrub mark I'd like to cover.
  17. Z

How do I keep the factory warranty intact?

Just bought a '14 GTI(my fourth GTI:cool:), and I'd like to hear from those informed what kind of mods won't void the factory warranty. I know that a VW dealership in NC will install Unitronic tunes(I am considering a Stage 1+), so I know they'll honor the warranty there. Problem is they are 2...