GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. maine-mk6

2010 MK6 - K04 with supporting mods for sale

This is a *NON RUNNING* car, but would make an excellent purchase for someone who has a MK6 that they would want to use this for parts. I believe the timing chain has slipped and motor will need to be overhauled - probably more practical to just take the parts that you want out - and then sell...
  2. maine-mk6

vibration shaking starting from a stop

Car vibrates and shakes only when starting from a stop in first gear and only on gradual easy takeoffs. Spirited take offs feel normal. Maybe a sign of bad motor mounts? Clutch was replaced 8000 miles ago. Occurs when car is cold and warm. Shaking and vibration stop once clutch is fully engaged...
  3. maine-mk6

Steering wheel alignment

I've noticed that my steering wheel isn't aligned with the wheels. If I make the steering wheel straight visually to the driver the car drifts right. Is there a way to correct this?
  4. maine-mk6

Weird vibration at 3000 rpm - ideas?

Get an odd vibration and rattle when at 10-20% throttle at 2800-3200 Rpms. I know it's a vague problem, but was hoping for ideas of what to check. Thank you in advance. Oh, it's definitely coming from the engine compartment, not from the inside of the car.
  5. maine-mk6

Cobb Turbo back exhaust for mk6

I have had the Cobb tbe installed for a week now. Looks sexy as hell amazing craftsmanship. Sounds very throaty and deep under normal driving but screams at wot. I'll be posting some pictures and future notes / feelings here as time goes on.
  6. maine-mk6

Vag com needed - southern maine

Just had the car lowered and I would like to know if there is anyone that can help adjust the headlights with vag com. I live in southern Maine and would be willing to compensate you for your time with cash or whatever.
  7. maine-mk6

Spark Plug Recommendations

I keep getting Check engine lights on cold starts in the morning for misfire's. I recently went APR stage 1, and replaced all of my coils to R8 coils. I also used the NGK (1675) PFR7S8EG Spark Plugs. Is this spark plug okay? Does someone recommend a different plug? Trying to narrow down why...