GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Coding Brake Pad Sensors out and Soudaktor Issues

So I've ready several posts and watched a couple videos to do both of these through VCDS, but I don't seem to have the same screen as everyone so not exactly sure. For the Brake Lights, my screen looks different than all the other pics/videos I've seen so bit confused. For the Soundaktor...
  2. G

Exterior Lights Randomly Go out (FIXED)

I was randomly having one of my brake lights go out since I got the car last April. I figured it had something to do with the housing or condensation since it has a small crack in it. I had planned on eventually upgrading to LEDs which I probably still will do, but this morning half of all...
  3. G

Tranmission Fluid Question Before I...

Just want to make sure that this fluid I ordered is what I should be using before I put it in my car. It was much cheaper than the OEM version, but has same numbers so I think I should be solid. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-manual-trans-fluid-g052171a2 FEBI G052171A2 is the fluid...
  4. G

Transmission Fluid Part # or tranmissions type

I'm having a hard time finding the correct fluid. Option ECS G 052 527 A2 (This seems to be only one available from ECS) ***From what I could find on this one is it's "high performance gear oil" and ETKA has it listed for only MK6 Jetta 2014+ Option FCP (Preferred for lifetime replacement) G...
  5. G

N75 Valve Bolts?

Anyone know where to find those 4mm allen bolts for the wastegate bypass N75 valve? I've lost 1 about 3 times already and finally unable to find it to put last one back in =(
  6. G

Purge Valve Part # Help

Got some weird ticking coming from what I believe to be the N80 purge valve solenoid. Just did timing chain job so trying to eliminate this noise that is making me paranoid. I ordered a new one to replace, but unfortunately I believe I got the wrong one and having hard time finding correct...
  7. G

Camshaft Adjuster Magnet Replaced, Plug won't fit.

Finishing up timing chain/guide/tensioner job and got stuck. Anyone know the partner number or the plug in this kit from ECS? I already got a new adjuster, just need the plug. Any links for DIY would be great. I'm assuming I need some type of depinning tool to move the wires? I'm having a hard...
  8. G

Engine Mount to fender support Bolts Part# help

Anyone know the part numbers for the 2 small bolts in this engine mount Hardware kit are? They connect a small black fender support bracket to the top of the motor mount. I have the other bolts in the kit and just need to order the small ones seperately but not having much luck...
  9. G

Help finding Timing Parts

I'm putting together a master list to order everything for complete timing revamp so i can stop worrying about engine exploding lol Having a hard time finding parts #7 bolt, #8 washer, and #5 bolt for the cambridge. Also should I replace #6 while i'm in there. I've managed to find everything...
  10. G

Nova Indy Shop Recommendations?

Just picked up a 2011 GTI last weekend. Inspected in it yesterday and it unfortunately does have the old style tensioner with 82k miles. Also looks to be leaking oil at timing cover and oil pan. Anyone got shop recommendations for tensioner and guide/chain replacement near Chantilly VA?
  11. G

NOVA Indy shop

Hi guys, new owner here of 2011 GTI. Looking for Indy shop for tensioner and timing chain replacement. I'm in chantilly VA area. I bought car last week and put it in air and inspect, definitely has the old tensioner and oil leak galore, though does look old and grimey, wasn't able to pinpoint...