GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PghDan

Thoughts / Opinions on DFC Brake Rotors?

Has anyone here tried out brake rotors from Dynamic Friction Company (DFC)? I see the black zinc coated drilled slotted rotors for a nice price so I'm thinking about buying them along with new pads. Before I do I'd love to hear any input or firsthand impressions.
  2. PghDan

2010 Mk6 GTI - Is it possible to code out the "Fog Light Out" dash light?

As the title suggests I'm looking for help coding out the "Check fog light" dash warning and the bulb out warning light that it triggers. If that's even possible on Mk6. A few months back I replaced my halogen front fog light bulbs with LED bulbs but of course that triggers the annoying bulb...
  3. PghDan

engine codes and fluctuating idle

Haha yeah your RMS that's "leaking like crazy" is 100% the source of your vacuum leak, the error codes, and why your car is running so rough right now. You have the right idea to replace the clutch while you're at it. That billet RMS is what I went with too, and it's a crazy improvement over the...
  4. PghDan

engine codes and fluctuating idle

My GTI had the exact same symptoms in late 2019 - early 2020. This is almost always caused by a vacuum leak, and in my case that vacuum leak was due to my rear main seal having failed after 10 years and roughly 120,000 miles. Hopefully your RMS is still intact and your leak is coming from...
  5. PghDan

WTB: VW Air Cleaner Box for Mk6 2010 GTI (CCTA Engine Code)

Yes, I do. For starters, it has an OEM+ look to it so it doesn't look out of place under the hood like a carbon fiber air intake. Under normal driving conditions there is little to no additional or unwanted noise, so the car retains it's level of refinement. When you accelerate hard there is a...
  6. PghDan

Hi, sorry but I did end up replacing my air box. Ultimately I decided to purchase an APR PEX intake rather than replace with another stock air box. Thanks though!
  7. PghDan

2010 GTI - Headlights Aiming Too Low?

I didn't have time today to jack up my car (I did give it a long overdue wash and wax though!), but took a very quick and limited look at my headlight level sensor while I was lying on the ground. Looking from the rear, I can see where the level sensor is located but from the angle I was facing...
  8. PghDan

@Blakcard Thanks for the link. I used my OBDEleven to run the Xenon Range adjustment and now the headlights are aimed perfect. @Thumper1 All I did was replace the HID bulbs, and did so by leaving the headlights in the car. I pulled the wheels and fender liners which gave me enough room to...
  9. PghDan

Is anyone running the new APR PEX Intake Air Box on their Mk6 GTI? Looking for first hand impressions.

Just ordered the APR PEX air box last night from ECS because it was 10% off. My order is showing an expected ship date of 11/23, so hopefully that's true and I can install this before Thanksgiving. I'm going to try and get some MAF readings, and whatever else I can measure that's air flow...
  10. PghDan

Hi Everyone, Based on the attached pics, does it appear that my headlights are aiming too low? Based on my highly scientific "walk one foot directly in front of the other" measuring method, it appears that my headlights only shine roughly 35-40 feet in front of my car. To be more specific...
  11. PghDan

Is anyone running the new APR PEX Intake Air Box on their Mk6 GTI? Looking for first hand impressions.

Just found out from Kyle at ECS Tuning that they offer price adjustments up to three weeks after you make a purchase in case of a sale price after you buy. Maybe that's common knowledge but I never knew that. I was going to hold off for a few weeks in case there will be a Black Friday sale, but...
  12. PghDan

@zef @GolNat You both bring up an interesting point, and that is, what's it like to live with an APR air box on a daily basis? Is there too much extra sound / noise generated by it even with light acceleration and normal driving? One of the things I love about my GTI is its level of refinement...
  13. PghDan

Hi Everybody (I always hear Dr. Nick from The Simpsons when I say that), As the title says, has anyone here purchased the new APR PEX Intake Front Air Box yet? I'm looking for impressions, feedback, or seeing if I get lucky and find someone that has actual dyno results. Even those of you with...
  14. PghDan

Looking to buy a good condition, clean CCTA air box for a 2010 / Mk6 GTI. My OEM air box has several screws that can no longer be removed, because the heads of the screws have rusted and completely rounded off, so I can no longer change my air filter.
  15. PghDan

What Bulbs Are The "City Lights" on a 2010 VW GTI w/ Factory HID Headlights

So, it turns out that the city lights do work on my 2010 GTI and, from the best I can tell, it looks like completely clean, original factory wiring. The only reason they weren't lighting up is because the 194 halogen bulbs were both burned out. Weird that I never had a "bulb out" warning though...
  16. PghDan

That's interesting that you're the original owner. That rules out previous mods that you're unaware of. No, actually I never even knew that the "city lights" existed. Like, at all. As I mentioned, this portion of my headlights has never lit up before under any circumstance, and I never even...
  17. PghDan

So, this seems to illustrate what I keep finding when I search this topic on this forum as well as VW Vortex - conflicting info. I'm not saying anyone here is being purposely misleading or anything of the sort, I just can't seem to find a clear, consistent answer on the topic. One person says...
  18. PghDan

Hi Everyone, This is probably a dumb question, but I'm unclear on which of my bulbs are my "city lights" and I'm hoping someone here can point them out for me. My car is a 2010 GTI that came from the factory with HID headlights identical to the image below. This came up because I was shopping...
  19. PghDan

Will the red "GTI" grille emblem from a Mk7 GTI fit the stock grille on a Mk6 GTI?

As usual, I'm circling back to this later than intended. The Badgeskins look great! If you're on the fence...order them. Just be sure to thoroughly clean the surface, then take your time to slowly, carefully lay down the vinyl.
  20. PghDan

MKVI GTI 6 Speed Manual Clutch Replacement DIY

I was just about to share the same post that @GolNat did, which has great example pictures. The Carwerks101 YT video is a nice resource too, and I definitely watched that same video (along with probably too many others) before I started the replacement. Yes, the seal absolutely must be pressed...