GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. joevw22

Mk6 GTI Aftermarket Parts... Cleaning out after blowing engine

Long story short ended up selling her for cheap on facebook, but I have a lot of left over parts the buyer wasn't interested in because they were just going to rebuild her and flip her OEM. Here is a video of all the parts as well as a list below of a rough price estimate I'm looking for for the...
  2. joevw22

Strange Ticking

Hey, I have an audible ticking coming from my water resovoir side of the engine bay whenever I give it a little throttle, the higher in the rpms the faster the ticks are. I've tried figuring out the problem myself for a few days now, but I have compression in all cylinders, no bad logs in the...
  3. joevw22

XForce Catback Question

Hey, I got a XForce CBE for an amazing price, open box. I currently have a 3" CTS DP w/their 3" midpipe, at the v-band where the midpipe and the XForce connect I have nothing that can connect the two 3" pipes. The XForce has a 3" with a gasket while the CTS is just a cut off 3" pipe. Anyone ever...
  4. joevw22

Paint Correction & More

Hey, my GTI is currently in rough condition. It has scratches in the finish all over, areas where sap has fallen on it and altered the finish, lines in the finish, etc. I was wondering if any of y'all have had your 2-door GTI's paint corrected and if so what is an average price. Also, if you got...
  5. joevw22

Lost Bolt Nut

Hey I lost a bolt nut while working on my car. Can anyone tell me the part number for that or size? I’ve been scouring all night to find one. It’s the control arm nut near the driver side tire. Had to drive it home 5mins and was super sketchy, lots of noise.
  6. joevw22

Turbo

Hey I have a pretty good stance on what I want done on my GTI within the next year and a half, but one thing I’m stuck on is the turbo. I’ve gone through countless pages of people arguing over what big turbo to get and I can’t decide. I figured I’d ask y’all and ask you to check out my build...
  7. joevw22

DSG Transmission Fluid Change

Hey, I'm going to go change my transmission fluid, got everything I need, but I'm a little nervous because everyone's using a VAGCOM to check temps for drainage. I was wondering if there's a cheaper solution like buying an OBD2 to USB dongle and using their free windows program? Would that work...
  8. joevw22

Wheels/Rims

Hey I'm working on blacking out my GTI, after plasti dipping mostly everything I've been in the market for some wheels that are also black. I have a ~$1000 budget and was wondering if any of y'all had pictures I can reference of your own or recommendations in general?
  9. joevw22

DSG Fluid Change

I was wondering about DSG Fluid Changes and if its a recommended thing to change. I can only imagine some people go without changing it ever so is it necessary? I’ve read some people to tell me do it 100% and others that it may hurt my car changing it.
  10. joevw22

Discord?

Does this community have a discord out of curiosity?
  11. joevw22

Gas Mileage

So I’ve owned my 2013 GTI for around 5 months and before I went stage 2 I was getting decent gas mileage. I went stage 2 and expected a gas mileage drop but for the past few months it’s been stage 2 I’ve just been at shock how much of a hit I’ve actually took. I can almost see my gas getting...
  12. joevw22

Coil Over Problems

Hey, I’m taking off my springs and putting on different ones, I did 3/4 tires and now I’m going to the front left to get it done. When I pull the coil over out and put the Allen key in and o2 sensor socket in and begin to twist it realized the Allen wrench socket was stripped. I jammed a bigger...
  13. joevw22

Front grille red strips

Hey on my gloss black 2013 GTI I have a red strip going across the grille of the car. I was wondering if there’s any products or solutions to change that red strip black. Any ideas or products please let me know :)
  14. joevw22

Caster Camber Plates w/H&R SS Springs

Hey, so I have h&r ss springs on my 2013 GTI. My buddy was riding around w me and asked if I had caster camber plates installed.. I replied no and he highly recommended I picked up some since I am just using lowering springs and not coil overs. I was just wondering why he said this and if y’all...
  15. joevw22

Question to mods and admins

Why can’t I post one of my dm’s it got took down the first time I posted it and thought maybe because of the link in the picture so I scribbled over it in Snapchat and reposted it and it got took down again. Doesn’t break any rules.
  16. joevw22

Car problem

Hey, I was driving about doing some pulls. I turned the corner and did a half throttle pull and about 2-3 seconds in my car bogged hard, stopped producing power, and the revs dropped hard to 1k. I did a few more pulls after riding around normally afterward, and no problems at all even on a WOT...
  17. joevw22

Bluetooth Problem

2013 GTI My bluetooth stops working after phone calls. Also, sometimes it disconnects randomly. Anyone ever have this problem or have a fix?
  18. joevw22

Stratified Stage 2 MK6 GTI vs SneekyTuned Stage 2 MK6 GTI

Hey... I am the Stratified MK6 GTI owner, check my build thread for my mods. The GTI I went up against has the same bolt-ons as I do, the only thing different, he doesn't have upgraded motor mounts. I know the guy, so we pull up and talk for a while, then we hop on the road. We line up and do...
  19. joevw22

Strange Rattling

https://streamable.com/0241f6 Strange rattle front side passenger, I looked all around and couldn't locate it. It sounds the loudest inside of the glovebox... any clues as to what it is or if any of y'all experienced it before?
  20. joevw22

Limp Mode Question

Hey, I have a Stratified flash tune and at first I was loving it. My friend pulled up from a few hours away (w/all the same mods, year, transmission and everything except he doesn't have upgraded motor mounts yet) and with his SneekyTuned GTI completely fucking pulled away HARD on me a few...