GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Chisel_86

Can we being back forums for older VWs?

FB is the absolute main reason for this. Now days, everyone is all about instant gratification and wanting people to give them answers w/out doing any research on their own. I was admin to an air-cooled VW forum and it's completely dead. We had reluctantly started a group on FB for our club, but...
  2. Chisel_86

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Thanks! They are OEM "Canyon" wheels from the Beetle "Dune" special edition. 18x8et44 AFAIK, they only come on that model in this particular spec. The Canyon wheels that come on the Alltrack are silver and 7.5 and et45.
  3. Chisel_86

Did an oil change yesterday and installed the GFB DV+. I know it doesn’t add boost, but it feels like it builds quicker. Also washed and coated it today while it was overcast. I picked up a free gallon of F11 TopCoat from the neighborhood FB group so I put some to use to see how it does when the...
  4. Chisel_86

Ricer Spotted Thread

This is not going how you thought it would, huh?
  5. Chisel_86

Ricer Spotted Thread

Looks pretty factory to me. It's even missing the rear bumper part of the kit which by your logic should make it less "rice".
  6. Chisel_86

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

Has anyone put Golf R VWR springs on a GTI? From what I've read, the spring rate is higher than the GTI spec VWR springs?
  7. Chisel_86

PSB - Problem Solving Bushings

I got a replacement set of rear suspension arms (OEM) and the whole rear PSB rear kit. I don't know when I'll be able to install it all, but I'm excited about it.
  8. Chisel_86

What did everyone go to school for?

Started with going for a degree in art, ended up doing design tech and mechanical engineering/drafting. Been a CAD operator almost ever since.
  9. Chisel_86

Getting a DV+ and RevD valve soon. Will update my thread when installed. Also, I hit 150k this morning. :p
  10. Chisel_86

From some quick research, I've found that people are pleased and impressed with them. They seem softer than SuperPro meaning less NVH and a better ride, plus they're easy to install with basic garage tools. I might be giving them a try.
  11. Chisel_86

Has anyone had any experience with the brand Problem Solving Bushings for performance bushings? https://psbushings.com/product-category/vw/golf/vw-golf-mk6/
  12. Chisel_86

apr coilpacks...

I had bought red tops from FCP and exchanged them for APR coils and only had to pay the difference with their exchange program lol So if anything goes wrong with them, I'll exchange them for the Bosch red tops and get some money back ;-)
  13. Chisel_86

Any 2-doors have rear footwell lighting?

Nice, thanks. The link for the kit they used is broken though. Looks like the website is no longer in existence, but it should be easy enough to make my own "kit".
  14. Chisel_86

I’m in NA. I’m just trying to figure out what they came on so I can retrofit mine. My seats have a location for the lights, but I suspect no wiring.
  15. Chisel_86

GolNat's Build Thread - 13' GTI 6MT Coupe K04

Yours is the "universal" version. The GTI version uses only two panels like the factory one, whereas the universal one uses four. *EDIT* Just kidding, yours actually is the GTI version after looking closer.
  16. Chisel_86

The part number lists it as fitting the seat left and right. Was it an option in another trim level?
  17. Chisel_86

My 2-door GTI (2010) doesn't have rear footwell lighting and I'd like to add some. My front seats are manual adjust with heat. Is it safe to assume that I'll need to make/add some wiring internally to make the lights work like the 4-door models? Did 2-doors ever come with rear foot lighting?
  18. Chisel_86

apr coilpacks...

I have about 22k on my APR coil packs (red).