GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Chisel_86

PSB - Problem Solving Bushings

Has anyone had any experience with the brand Problem Solving Bushings for performance bushings? https://psbushings.com/product-category/vw/golf/vw-golf-mk6/
  2. Chisel_86

Any 2-doors have rear footwell lighting?

My 2-door GTI (2010) doesn't have rear footwell lighting and I'd like to add some. My front seats are manual adjust with heat. Is it safe to assume that I'll need to make/add some wiring internally to make the lights work like the 4-door models? Did 2-doors ever come with rear foot lighting?
  3. Chisel_86

OEM VS. Aftermarket windshield glass

Is it worth going with OEM glass on these for the windshield? I getting a quote and the OEM glass is approx. $200 more than aftermarket. My insurance doesn't want to pay for OEM when aftermarket is readily available. From what I can tell, the OEM glass has an acoustical layer, but I don't know...
  4. Chisel_86

Rear Inside Tire Cupping/Alignment/Shocks/Weight?

When I bought my car over 2 years ago ('10 GTI) it had tread cupping on the inside rear tires. I bought new ones, got an alignment, and new rear shocks (Bilstein B4). I've rotated the tires a couple times since then and they are showing the same cupping as before with about 30k on the tires. Is...
  5. Chisel_86

Golf R intake on a GTI?

Will a Golf R intake and air filter fit on a GTI? If so, are their any benefits to doing it?
  6. Chisel_86

Anyone use Audi TTS rear calipers vs. Golf R/R32?

I've been looking into a build my own brake upgrade and noticed that the mk2 TTS rear caliper is the same as the Golf R/Passat with the exception of the bracket/carrier (and of course the electric parking brake on the passat). The rotors are all 310mm and vented, but the TTS rotor has a deeper...
  7. Chisel_86

CarPlay headunit with CD player options?

Is there such a thing as CarPlay and CD? I am aware of the RCD330 and eonon carplay units, but I'd really like to keep CD functionality (I'm old school! I like my physical media! :LOL:) Does anyone have any good recommendations and/or first hand experience with such a unit? Thanks!
  8. Chisel_86

R32 Brakes worth it on GTI? Upgrade master cyl?

I like custom brakes. I do it on everything I own. OEM+ FTW. I'm looking into upgrading my 2010 GTI's brakes whenever I need to do them, but I want to need to build a budget setup. Are the R32 brakes worth it for the cost? I need to stay under stock Detroits for now, so no 17z or whatever... I...
  9. Chisel_86

6MT fluid confusion

Guys, I need help again. I bought tried to buy some MTF (G052171A2), but they sent G055512A2 instead. What I've gathered is that G055512 supersedes G052512 which supersedes G052171 which I believe is supposed to be 75w gear oil. My question is, is the G055512 ok to use in my 2010 02M...
  10. Chisel_86

Subframe adjustment required?

Tried to get an alignment this weekend and they wouldn't do it because their system says it needs the subframe adjusted. Is this usually the case to correct camber? I'm at -.6deg left and -1.2deg right in the front. Caster is even at 7.2deg, but it shows that's out of spec. -1.9deg left and...
  11. Chisel_86

Golf R Engine Cover/Intake

Golf R engine cover with air filter/intake. Some scrapes, but no real apparent damage. $150+ship OBO Free pickup in Houston, TX
  12. Chisel_86

Clutch engagement and shifter questions

I’ve got just over 115k on my original (assumed) clutch. Recently, it seems as if the engagement point is getting closer to the floor. Is this something that happens as the clutch wears? I’m not familiar with modern stickshifts (I’m used to my air-cooled vw and it’s not hydraulic so the...
  13. Chisel_86

(2) Golf R Talladega Wheels 18"

18" oem Talladega wheels. Only two. Some scratches and minor paint issues, but overall in good shape. $100/ea Pick up in/around Houston, TX or ship at your cost. $150 for both. More pics if you're interested.
  14. Chisel_86

Front LCA Bushings

How susceptible are these cars to steering shimmy caused by the rear bushing on the Front LCA's? Obviously, I know any worn bushing can lead to unwanted movement, but some cars feel it more noticeably than others. Mine do need to be replaced and I'm feeling vibration on the highway sometimes. I...
  15. Chisel_86

Small oil leak/possible coolant leak help

Doing an oil change this weekend and I discovered some oil in the plastic under tray. Took it off hoping I could see the location and also hoping it was just the oil pan. The leak appears to originate somewhere above the oil pan, but I can’t see exactly. Also it looks possibly mixed with coolant...
  16. Chisel_86

A/C whining?

2010 GTI 2.0 My A/C works cold af, but when I turn the temp up anywhere from max cold, I'm hearing a whining in relation to my RPMs. I'm guessing its the compressor? I hope not. Any ideas? Also, it stays blowing super cold on A/c until I turn it up to like 76+ and then it gets warm real quick...
  17. Chisel_86

Osram Tail lights

I can't haven't found any real life feedback on the Osram LED taillights. In the install and teaser videos, they seem a little dim to me. But then again, the stock ones look dim in their video as well. Does anyone have first hand experience with these?
  18. Chisel_86

Porsche wheels and TPMS

Two parts to my question. I have a set of real turbo twists fronts with the hollow construction. 18x7.5et50 so with the adapter it’ll be et35. The tires on them now are 205/40 and 215/40. Will there be an issue running smaller tires? I’ve seen some setups using shorter tires and it seems I’ll...
  19. Chisel_86

Insulted by Chic-fil-a

I got called a “crossover” by “Amber” at Chic-fil-a yesterday. Bummed me out. :cry:
  20. Chisel_86

Constant "bulb out" message.

Whenever I turn my lights on, I get a bulb out error for the left and right front marker lights. The weird thing is that they aren't out... they still light. Standard halogen bulbs. What's the deal? :unsure: '10 GTI halogen headlights