GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cwmk6

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Put the complete plastic closed APR intake back on, versus the all-metal eBay one. Less turbo noise, slightly more exhaust noise, better torque around 2k, but slightly less throttle response and I get the sensation the power is plateauing, or there's less top-end. All that given, I absolutey...
  2. Cwmk6

I put in the "oem" NGKs about 7k miles ago, I'll check the gap today. I put new headlight assys on the other day, went with Supernova again. The previous owner had the DRLs coded to the fog lights, so I'll need someone to change that back for me to get the DRL LEDs on the headlights working. But...
  3. Cwmk6

https://www.pelicanparts.com/ I needed a phone Mount and this is in line with the charger below, I bought a sweet ass forged carbon fiber phone case on Amazon for $30 that has a metal plate built in.
  4. Cwmk6

Did some things. Black R style grille (no "R"). Gloss black mirror caps New oem style headlights/foglights (halogen) Supernova taillights red/clear different shoes: mk7 18" Austins, continental extreme contact dws06 (might sell 19" talladegas/tires if interested) silver/procontact runflats...
  5. Cwmk6

I have a can of CRC DI Intake valve cleaner (the gray can). I might try ^this guy's idea. Big hole right by the turbo.
  6. Cwmk6

...lucky. You guys probably know this.. the Weather-Tech door visors are really nice and I have no complaints. I especially like how it says "Weather-Tech" and then below it, "Made in Germany". Nice touch for sure.
  7. Cwmk6

I'm just doing front end links, I went with MOOG HD for that extra girth ya know. Just put on $200 eBay headlights and $50 Amazon foglights. If they get condensation, then it was worth a try because they look good and I'm just rocking the stock style halogens and like the natural light again...
  8. Cwmk6

Bosch coils, NGK Laser Platinum plugs, Redline MTL, oil change w/ Mann filter and a quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic. I gotta say the MTL made my tranny much smoother, less whine, less crunchy. My engine feels smoother too, I went almost 6k miles on my last oil change, I usually go 4k. I got MOOG...
  9. Cwmk6

Official Sway Bar Discussion Thread

I also have the H&R kit, my front endlinks get clunky more often but it has zero body roll.
  10. Cwmk6

Kansas City

I got my CW 2011 GTI 6MT back in May. I believe I'm 2nd owner, bought it with 101k miles, has 106k on it now. It came with a CTS TB exhaust, new front sway bar, ES mount inserts, dieselgeek short shifter and intake, which I've replaced with an APR. A mechanic at work used to be a VW tech and...
  11. Cwmk6

Put my APR closed filter back on, now I have a complete plastic APR intake. I was running an open AEM filter on an aluminum elbow held on with a bungee cord before. Cool sound but I get bored and change things up.
  12. Cwmk6

Put stock wheels back on for winter. Next up is Redline MTL to replace the 107k mile factory fill.
  13. Cwmk6

When to replace timing chain tensioner

We got a 2011 GTI w/ 80k miles towed into the dealership and needing an engine because the timing chain tensioner broke. I'm a little jealous because it has cleaner headlights and foglights than mine, it's a 3-door and has a DSG. I love driving manual, but there are obvious benefits to the DSG...
  14. Cwmk6

Not trolling, are mk7 owners stuck up?

You're absolutely right, every one I see is bone stock. I see more modified Mk6 than anything else. Again, me just being cynical/venting after seeing stupid things while driving.
  15. Cwmk6

Thank you, and yes I realize this comes across paltry and of no real importance. I do a lot of driving and, as I'm sure others' have, I've made some predispositions for myself based on pure observation. It isn't fair, as everyone is different, but stats are stats. (Even though I'm not recording...
  16. Cwmk6

I drive quite like a grandma, so I know that's not why, but it seems every Mk7 I see gives my car zero attention. In one case, a Mk7 driver opened his door and spit on the ground when he saw my Mk6. Could have been for another reason, but it just seems like they think they're in a whole...
  17. Cwmk6

Color-matched on the last warm weekend of the year...(very happy!).... Did an oil change (castrol/mann), rear wiper blade, and touch-up paint too. Also noticed my APR inlet was just about out of the hose so I tightened it up really well. I have the APR closed filter too but I just run an AEM...
  18. Cwmk6

I put these on today (!)