GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. noah.D

Mk6 GTI startup issues

None, just the stock tune that’s why I have a spacer
  2. noah.D

Mk6 GTI startup issues

Hello everyone, Interested one today. This is the second time I have had this issue in the past month. I start my car up, drive to go do something, go back to the car to go home an hour or so later. When I try to start the car is sputters a bit and then stalls out, but if I step on the gas a bit...
  3. noah.D

Mk6 GTI misfiring… again! :)

By swap do you mean swap between cylinders or swap for a new set?
  4. noah.D

Mk6 GTI misfiring… again! :)

Hello everyone, for context I drive a manual mk6 GTI and it’s currently misfiring. In the past I had the abs module replaced at the vw dealership and they forgot to re plug back in a vacuum line they have to remove to reach the module, this lead to the car misfiring. I had a bunch of codes for...
  5. noah.D

Intercooler fan after engines off?

It has been super hot here but I would expect both fans to be running then? I’ve had the ac on at all times while driving and each time a check after getting to where I’m going only one is spinning and it’s going significantly faster than normal. The closest other example in a car of something...
  6. noah.D

Intercooler fan after engines off?

Hello everyone, I have a quest about my intercooler fans. I know that if it’s really hot the fans will stay on after the car is turned off but for some reason only one of mine was spinning when I checked it today. I only noticed because it was much louder than normal when I got out of my car...
  7. noah.D

Burbles on stock tune??

Hello everyone, Interesting case here. For context: I have a 3” cts high flow catted downpipe and a Circuitwerks catback. After installing this catback my exhaust burbles pretty much exactly like an aftermarket Burble tune does. (Let of the throttle and loud burbles happen) I like the noise a...
  8. noah.D

Brake pedal rattle?

There is nothing sitting on top of the brake reservoir but it does feel like it has a lot of play in it back and forth, is this normal?
  9. noah.D

Brake pedal rattle?

I do have an aftermarket intake, a CTS one to be exact. I don’t see why there would be something on top of the reservoir but I can check it in a bit to see for sure.
  10. noah.D

Downpipe and exhaust suggestions

I currently run a CTS downpipe and have a rev9 catback otw. I’ve heard the combo in person and it sounds super good when tuned. It’s very loud tho so just personal preference. The total setup cost around $850 so def of the cheaper side as well.
  11. noah.D

Wiper arm stuck

I have already tried this a couple times, I may have not done exactly what is said in the video however so it’s def worth a shot to do it as he did. If you have any other suggestions please let me know, thanks
  12. noah.D

Brake pedal rattle?

Hello everyone, My car just recently has had the brake pedal start to rattle, this ONLY happens when starting the car and no other times. The only change I had made before this started was changing from my 3” catback exhaust to the stock one bc I sold the catback. I still do have a 3” high flow...
  13. noah.D

Wiper arm stuck

Hello everyone, I’m having trouble removing my wiper blade on my GTI, I have tried a wiper arm remover, exhaust hanger pliers, and a long wrench under it to get leverage. Nothing worked. I also hit it with some silicone lubricant to hopefully break the bond but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
  14. noah.D

How to drain evaporator drain pipe mk6 GTI

No one has any tutorials on this yet so I thought I should take you through this. If there is water building up/condensing around your ac vents, this could be why. 1. Remove interior trim pieces. In the passenger side footwell on the left, there is one t20 screw that needs to be removed, pop...
  15. noah.D

Water condensing around ac vents

Hello everyone. I’m currently having a problem with my ac having water condense around the front 4 ac vents of my car. I did some research and found that the evap drain line being clogged could be a possible cause for this. Under my car after driving with the ac on for extended periods of time I...
  16. noah.D

Sequential tail lights?

Thank you for the suggestion, I do find these very interesting and may end up buying them. Thanks!
  17. noah.D

Sensor with missing wire??

Ah okay this makes sense, I do not have any warning lights on my dash or when I scan the car, that’s why it took me so long to even realize that this was there. I got the car back from the swap in March and it took me till now to realize. I still get oil temps and levels through my OBDeleven so...
  18. noah.D

Sequential tail lights?

Does anyone know a pair of sequential tail lights for the mk6 GTI (2012) I saw that vland has a pair that fits the golf r from the same generation but it’s iffy on if they also fit the GTI. Feel free to drop any suggestions for other brands or if someone knows if the Vlands will fit let me know...
  19. noah.D

Coolant light flashing??

This is my current consensus. Topped of the coolant to the max line a couple days ago now. The amount in the system hasn’t changed yet at all after 100+ miles of driving. (Lots of driving for work) so I believe what caused the light to start flashing was the hotter temps causing more coolant to...