GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Simmsled

FS:OE VW Sedona wheels/tires/TPMS (set of 4) 16 inch

***SOLD*** Basically Jetta takeoffs, 16x6.5, 5x112, TMPS included, OE fitment All-Season Hankook Optimo H725A Near perfect condition One wheel has a tiny chip Tread Depth between 6 and 7 32nds Center caps lost due to underpants gnomes $350 OBO plus shipping... local pickup = $300 + case...
  2. Simmsled

Never seen this fitment... SO, its going to happen

Greetings everyone. A friend of mine came over last night and over a couple ice cold Oktoberfest brews, we decided that my ISF wheels needed to be on his GTI. I have seen a LOT of wheels on MK5s and MK6s and have NEVER seen these wheels equipped. (insert Monty Burns "excellent") ***Humble...
  3. Simmsled

You won't believe all this stuff fit in the hatch...

IKEA trip... Contents: 2 baby cribs 2 crib mattresses 2 Expedits bookcases (4x2) 1 Office chair 2 Gorm shelving units 4 Expedit inserts 2 Expedit wood doors 1 baby changing table Plus... 2 overnight backpacks 1 big ass wife purse full of wife stuff 2 light jackets 1 pregnant wife 1 me People...
  4. Simmsled

From 2 doors, to 4 doors to TWINS?!?

Sold... GTI (2 doors) Still have... Rabbit/Golf 4 doors The wife is now pregnant with twins and we are wondering if the Rabbit is going to work as the family truckster. I am 6'3 and the issue has been with the rear facing baby seats and the unknown amount of crap that we will have to put in...
  5. Simmsled

Trade MK6 for MK7... is it worth it?

It lost weight. It will have different engines. MQB platform. What is the draw? I am looking forward to seeing how the MK7 and all of the other MQB platform cars are going to be able to 'share' parts. If it isn't going to be made difficult by big brother VAG... then the OEM+ options are...
  6. Simmsled

Any MK6 guys come over from a Lexus?

What it says... Also, if you want to discourage me from getting an 06-11 GS, then go ahead and flame on. I have lost faith in my VW dealer's service department (replaced my steering rack under warranty and re-used all the bolts and have since come loose, hacked my headlamp leveling harness...
  7. Simmsled

2.0TSI exhaust VS 2.5 I5 exhaust

Properly done, which one sounds sexier? I recently heard a 2.5 in a Golf with an exhaust for the first time and thought it sounded really good, almost exotic. :yikes: And no, it was not a MKV Golf with 'R32' on the back :laugh: you cant beat that. :thumbup: All things considered, which one...
  8. Simmsled

Bilstein PSS... no not PSS9 or PSS10

Just found this. Maybe you've seen it, maybe you haven't. Bilstein's fixed damping (non damping adjustable) coilovers.. Even found them for sale at one place: eshocks Bilstein PSS coilovers for MK6 Golf Nice.
  9. Simmsled

What the hell was that?!?

Watch, listen, WTF?!? yCLSXCO3NU0 Whatever it is, it rattles on cold starts, then goes away. It happens ONLY on start and does not affect anything else, so it seems. VW dealer says its normal. It is NOT normal, and I'm sick of it.
  10. Simmsled

US - Canada - Euro... bumper height restrictions FAQ

This is a collection of information for people concerned with suspension heights, resulting in varied bumper heights. The laws, as of 2012... per state and province follow the FAQ. Read, discuss, enjoy!!! 1) What is a bumper? A bumper is a shield made of steel, aluminum, rubber, or...
  11. Simmsled

MK6 GTI VS 330i ZHP

I'm open to hearing what anyone has to say about this! There is one close to me that has just over 80k miles and is completely unmolested. VS Experiences, opinions, whatever... please! :thumbsup:
  12. Simmsled

Anyone with kid(s) and a 2 door?

Experiences? Is it do-able? I've been recently thinking about an 06 330i with low miles and sport package that I could pick up for a good price if it was going to be a pain in the butt. Can't find CW 4 door GTIs for sale around here, or else I would trade. I drove an 07 328xi wagon with a...
  13. Simmsled

BMW forum?

Hey guys. Need help finding a good BMW forum. Anybody got the names of a couple good ones? Thanks!
  14. Simmsled

WTB: 4 used up/worn out OE tires

Thats right folks... I need 4 worn out Pirellis or Dunlops... 225/40 18in. Don't ask why. :laugh: :thumbup: I would prefer them to be down to the wear bars if possible. I'll make it worth your time.
  15. Simmsled

Any Volvo 940 turbo wagon guys out there?

I can get one from a family member for cheap. 93 Volvo 940 turbo, dark grey, leather, moonroof, 130k miles Has anyone had one? Experiences/comments please!! its kinda like this one, but in better shape (same wheels tho):
  16. Simmsled

OE Tire: Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

This thread is to collect driving impressions from those of you with experience on these tires. Would you get them again? Thanks!
  17. Simmsled

WTB: Stock 18 inch tires

Anyone looking to unload their low mileage stock all season tires and make some $ toward some summer tires? Let me know! Thank you for your time... please enjoy a hot German chick drinking beer...
  18. Simmsled

FS / FEELER: BBS Porsche Cayenne S (955) 18x8 ET57 & H&R 15mm adapters = [ET42]

FS / FEELER: BBS Porsche Cayenne S (955) 18x8 ET57 & H&R 15mm adapters = [ET42] SOLD SOLD SOLD They are very shiny. :D
  19. Simmsled

Noisy Clutch Pedal (GTI)

Noise associated with pedal movement that appears to be localized at the assembly shown. Could it be from the engine/transmission movement pulling the clutch conduit away from the pedal? I don't know. I just know I don't like it. The clutch itself feels fine, does not slip, or anything...