GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. super steve

Anyone have APR stage 2 ECU tune with Unitronic's Stage 2 DSG tune?

I was wondering if you had apr's stage 2 ECU tune and unitronic's stage 2 DSG tune, would you be able to hit APR's 4k 2-step like rev limiter? (Will I have to get HPA's DSG stage 2 if I would like to have APR's 2-step during launch control?) Thanks!
  2. super steve

Help me with lug bolt length

I am changing my wheels and was wondering what is the length of the lug bolts should be. If I am going to run my new wheels without spacers, is it safe to assume that 28mm (stock is 27mm i believe) will be enough? The offset on my superturismos are 35mm. Also, where is a good place to get lug...
  3. super steve

pcv valve failing...

I thought they fixed the pcv valve in the tsi, but i guess not. I have been on stage 1 for only 3months and it has failed me, oil is now leaking from the oil filler cap... (i still boost up to 13psi) How are yours holding up? Trying to decide if i should get stock parts, or get the inline...
  4. super steve

APR switching programs and adapting

I was just wondering if the ECU needs to adapt every time you switch from stock into 91 or 93?
  5. super steve

Please read and respond, any mk6 owners

When you bought your car, did it come with an immobilizer code? in the form of a key tag with your keys or by paper? If we needed this code, would VW be able to provide the information? Also, why would one need to know their immobilizer code? Thanks.
  6. super steve

GOLF mkVI Cabriolet

wow... Not my cup of tea but check it out http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/23/2012-volkswagen-golf-cabriolet-drops-its-top-for-the-drive-to-ge/
  7. super steve

MKVI GTI diecasts

Anyone know where I can get diecast of our cars? http://www.amazon.com/Schuco-Gti-Deep-Metallic-Black/dp/B00243H950/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291179618&sr=8-2 this one is crazy expensive for 1:43 scale... and then there is this one...
  8. super steve

Anyone wants to take initiative to organize stage 1 tune group buy in GTA?

Just wondering if we have enough ppl that wants to get an ECU tune...
  9. super steve

Little problem with stock filter box please read...

I had my intake off so I could install AWE boost gauge today But when I yanked the stock filter box this hose came out with it and I dont know where it is suppose to go. Any idea? is it suppose to be dangling? I dont think my car is the CBFA and didnt expect something down there....
  10. super steve

has anyone got their rear windshiled washer leak fixed?

I was at don vally VW on thursday and apparently there was no recall to install the check valve yet. anyone else had better luck?
  11. super steve

What do you guys use to clean exaust tip?

My has like baked on black carbon stuff and wont come off very easily. Any Ideas? Thanks
  12. super steve

Have you guys received your Fast and chamois cloth?

I have just gotten the chamois yesteday, so I thought that was it. I thought the FAST was for mkVs only but I was suprised to receive a fast in the mail today. Since no one talked about it I didnt know mk6 owners get one as well. Did you guys get one too?
  13. super steve

anyone figure out how to remove the licsense bulbs?

I can remove the light box, disconnect it from the wiring, but I have no clue on how to get the lense out to install the w5w it uses. can anyone chime in?
  14. super steve

DIY footwell light install guide

Here is my short and brief guide on how to change out the bulbs. You can pull the light boxes out, without the use of a screw driver. The lights have an indentation on the right side (both driver and passenger side lights have the indentation on your right when facing them from the seats) You...
  15. super steve

DIY footwell light install guide

Here is my short and brief guide on how to change out the bulbs. You can pull the light boxes out, without the use of a screw driver. The lights have an indentation on the right side (both driver and passenger side lights have the indentation on your right when facing them from the seats) You...
  16. super steve

Do you guys have "coming home" "leaving home" "footwell lights" options in MFD?

Do you guys have "coming home" "leaving home" "footwell lights" options in MFD? Do you guys have "coming home" "leaving home" "footwell lights" options in MFD? My GTI doesn't I was wondering if all canadian GTI was like this. Because the US members saying the features are supposed to be there...
  17. super steve

Easy DIY: replace Foglight bulb

Hello guys, here is a easy DIY. Almost TOO easy to even call it a DIY. Before I looked at my bulb I bought 9006 bulbs thinking that MK6 would use the same ones as the MK5 fog bulbs. (I wasted 25bucks on 9006 "7000k" 55w bulbs) But its actually H8 and 35Watt stock. So I got 35w H8 bulbs from a...
  18. super steve

Easy DIY: replace Foglight bulb

Hello guys, here is a easy DIY. Almost TOO easy to even call it a DIY. Before I looked at my bulb I bought 9006 bulbs thinking that MK6 would use the same ones as the MK5 fog bulbs. (I wasted 25bucks on 9006 "7000k" 55w bulbs) But its actually H8 and 35Watt stock. So I got 35w H8 bulbs from a...
  19. super steve

Spotted thread

I spotted a GTI same as mine driving today around 9:25 by victoria park and yorkmills. Carbon steel GTI! I caught up but he turned right . 2nd GTI I've seen in Toronto. All 3 including mine were carbon steel. LOL