GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

FS: BSH TSI Race Intake (Used - Central Florida)

I've got a used BSH TSI Race Intake for sale. $150 takes it. PM me if interested. I would appreciate it if the intake is taken off my hands by a local buyer here in Orlando, Florida. I'm not opposed to shipping, but the buyer would have to pay for packaging and shipping.
  2. M

Exhaust Manifold Oil Leak?

Hey folks, For the past couple of months, I noticed a few drops of oil under my car. When I got under the car, I noticed oil residue on the back side of the engine. Initially, I thought it was the rear PCV breather tube leaking, so I replaced it with a new one and cleaned off the oil. I...
  3. M

Gummy Shifting in Traffic?

Hello, Has anyone noticed an issue with a gummy shifter when they are in traffic? When in slow stop n go traffic, I sometimes find the shifter hard to get in and out of first and second gear. I've tried resetting the shifter cables using DieselGeek's method, but it didn't fix the issue. I've...
  4. M

Orlando Clutch Install?

Hey folks, Is there anyone in Orlando that has had their clutch replaced? I'm looking to upgrade my clutch and want to know my options. Thanks, Mike
  5. M

Replace License Plate Bulbs in a 2010 GTI?

Hey folks, One of my license plate bulbs blew and I need to replace it. I don't care much for LEDs, so I purchased a pair of 2825 bulbs. However, I can't figure out how to take the bulb housing apart to replace the bulb. It looks glued together. Do I have to replace the whole housing?! Thanks...
  6. M

There's a duck in my engine bay.

Hey folks, Something in my engine bay quacks like a duck. Anyone notice that in their car? I have a feeling it's the radiator fan, but I'm not sure. Any insight would be appreciated.* Thanks, Mike
  7. M

TPMS Low Pressure Light? PSI is okay?

Hey folks, My TPMS light turned on recently. We all know about the TPMS resetting to defaults of 80 PSI (5.5 bar), but it seems like I am having a different issue. I VAGCOM'd my GTI and the tire pressure is set correctly to 2.6 bar on all four corners. I tried re-applying the 2.6 bar and...
  8. M

Squeaky Clutch Pedal?

Hey folks, I've noticed from time to time that my clutch pedal squeaks. Most of the time, it doesn't. However, once every few weeks, it'll squeak. It squeaks during the first inch or so of pedal travel...I don't even think the clutch even disengages when it squeaks, so I think it's the pedal...
  9. M

Excess oil in boost line?

Hey folks, Has anyone noticed excess oil in their boost gauge boost line? I had an issue with my AWE Tuning boost gauge buzzing, but fixed it by draining the oil from the line and pointing my boost tap upward, towards the back. However, now the buzzing is back and I'm worried there's a crap...
  10. M

Most complete tool kit for my GTI?

Hey folks, While a good 100+ piece Metric/SAE tool kit works well for most Domestic and Japanese vehicles, does anyone know of a kit I can purchase for my GTI? I saw Metalnerd's kit here, as well as ECS's offering, but I know there's more to it than that. Can someone point me in the right...
  11. M

FORUM ISSUE: "Unknown Error" in Tapatalk

Hello, I couldn't find a Website discussion subforum, so I'm posting this here. I use Tapatalk on my iPhone and when I check my personal messages, I get the following error message: "Unknown Error It appears the server has some issue with Tapatalk or your session is expired. If this problem...
  12. M

Key Fob Disassembly?

Hey folks, My key fob isn't locking into place when opened. I compared it to the other key fob and the button isn't the same height and doesn't feel the same. I tried looking for a tutorial, but it seems the 2010 models have a different key than previous years. Does anyone know how to open...
  13. M

Sucks To Roll Hard

fml. Someone backed into my car in a parking lot...no note :(
  14. M

Test-drove the Golf R *head explodes*

So, I took the 2010 VW Golf R for a test-drive. Wow, it feels much more alive than my GTI, and I have APR Stage 1! The all-wheel-drive really makes a big difference. Gosh, I want one so bad. However, I don't like DSG and it's 34,000 credits...I wish I still got my discount. :( ...all in...
  15. M

Cruise Control Lock Ups?

Hey folks, I noticed that my cruise control wasn't functioning correctly one morning. I'd switch it to On and get the mph --- in the MFD. However, I couldn't set the speed. I switched it back off and it still had the mph --- in the display. At the next stop light, I turned the car off and...
  16. M

Rear License Plate Mount?

Hey folks, How are your rear license plates mounted? The dealer just fastened two screws on the bumper cover (bumper). Is that normal? I'd like a better way of fastening the screws. I can see the license plate falling off later on... Thanks
  17. M

Rear license Plate mounting?

Hey folks, I recently purchased my 2010 GTI and noticed they just screwed the rear license plate into the rear bumper (cover). Is this normal? Thanks, Mike