GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. -Dozer-

Last Minute Snow Tires...

I live in Seattle... Not much snow here and I wasn't planning to get a setup this year. I wanted the 16x6.5 steelies with Michelen Pilot PA3's or the Blizzaks but out of stock on Tirerack... Now I've got a trip planned and an impending blizzard looking to shut me down on my stock 18's with...
  2. -Dozer-

Nav System = Epic Fail

So I just got back from a 2500 mile road trip from Seattle to Yosemite. I'll write up a report later with pics when I have time but just had to post up about the Nav system. I've officially decided the Nav system is complete and total junk. My buddy and I worked with it all week trying to...
  3. -Dozer-

Autocross Experience

Last weekend my wife and I took our cars out for the first autocross race for both of us. It was an absolute blast! I was hoping to post some pics but nothing is posted as of yet. When they do I'll add a picture if they got any of me. We each got 5 laps in and I took a few laps riding with...
  4. -Dozer-

Autotech Engine Mount Insert - The Good and Bad...

I got myself an Autotech insert from Mr. Snobrdrdan who had an extra one laying about. It showed up today and of course I couldn't wait to get under the car having not done a thing to it since I bought it nearly a month ago. Took me longer to find my jack stands and my 21mm socket than it did...
  5. -Dozer-

Upgrades... (The slow and steady route)

My new 2010 GTI is still bone stock and unfortunately it will most likely stay that way for quite some time. Yet I dream of upgrades most days. I like thinking about the whole package: Engine(APR I-II,DP,Intake,etc) and Handling (Tires, shocks, springs, sway bars,etc) and I'd like to upgrade...
  6. -Dozer-

Windshield Wiper Setting Question?

I'm really not sure my windshield wiper switch is working properly. Below is a snapshot from the Controls and Equipment booklet 3.1 pg. 77. From what it says my wiper should operate in one of three positions: 1, 2 and 3 (slow, medium, fast) which it does. Position 1 then makes use of the...
  7. -Dozer-

Rear Hatch Sill Protection

I've looked all over but haven't seen anything that fits what I'm looking for. I would like some way to protect the rear sill when I pull gear in and out of the car. So if anyone knows of such a product please let me know. Personally I am super careful pulling things in and out, but I take...
  8. -Dozer-

Track Prices

Never been to a track... But now that I've got my GTI I have the urge to let it rip on a track, somewhere I can really see what it can do but it looks too expensive here in the Seattle area. Seems like lots of you guys go hit the track and I'm interested on what you guys pay and if it's alot...
  9. -Dozer-

Clutch Pedal Grind

400 miles on my GTI and all of a sudden the clutch pedal travel has a sort of grind/racheting/clicking feel when you depress it. It doesn't make a sound but feels as if you are racheting it in as you push on it. Now... When I got home I sat in my driveway and pumped the pedal a few times and...
  10. -Dozer-

SD Card "Blips"

I've found, like others, the SD card seems to be very fast compared to accessing my iPhone or even the SAT and Radio which is nice. I've been running a 4GB Kingston SDHC card in my GTI without issue until the other day... All of a sudden while listening to an album everything just stops. The...