GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Merelington

FS: VW Golf MK6 2.5L Engine Cover (2010-2014)

I recently sold my 2010 VW Golf MK6 (2.5L) and kept a few extra parts that I'm looking to sell. Asking $100 CAD for this original engine cover that I had planned for a project that never took off. The removable centre portion is painted with a heat resistant paint that can now be easily...
  2. Merelington

*SOLD* APR Carbonio Air Intake (2.5L)

I recently returned my 2010 Golf 2.5L to stock before selling. So I'm looking to sell my APR Carbonio Cold Air Intake. Fits the 2010-2014 Golf 2.5L. Details: http://www.thegaragemotorsport.com/product.php?id=96&message=added Had it installed for 4 years. In good condition save for the clear...
  3. Merelington

OEM Audi Wheels

So I've been searching for a descent 17" set of Audi wheels that will fit the Golf and am stuck. The fitments seem great with the exception of the center bore. From what I gather Audi had a center bore of 57.1 from 2002-2008 and 66.6 from 2009-present...can anyone confirm? Would hub rings be...
  4. Merelington

FS: Golf 2.5 Engine Cover

I have a Golf 2.5 engine cover for sale in great condition; however, there was a small 3" crack in the bottom right corner that has been properly repaired with gorilla epoxy (the camera can barely pick it up). There's also a new air filter already installed. I'm hoping for a local sale (around...
  5. Merelington

18" VW Interlagos

So I've finally settled on hunting for OEM 18" Interlagos. I seem to be getting mixed info on these and am looking for clarification. Specs: 18x8 ET 41 57.1 centerbore weight????? Finishes: -Polished Chrome -Bright Silver -Is there a third "Metallic Silver" option....or does the "Bright...
  6. Merelington

DO NOT BUY FROM P2SPEC (p2spec.com)!

This thread is made to warn potential buyers and to provide a place for "victims" to speak up. Absolutely terrible experience. I paid over $900 for my set of Avant Garde 18" wheels on April 6th...it is now September 2nd and my wheels have not been shipped and my numerous calls and emails...
  7. Merelington

Mild wipes for vinyl/leather/plastic?

I'm looking for a mild wipe to handle the soft-touch dasboard, harder interior plastics, engine bay, vinyl roof wrap, and possibly the leather seats. I'm looking for these wipes to clean and darken/lightly shine these surfaces without leaving grease or residue. I heard Armor All dashboard...
  8. Merelington

The "Avant Garde" wheel thread

Post as many pics as you would like, details on sizing & fitment, and maybe a little review of your experience so far. *I've ordered a set of gunmetal/machined M310's which apprently fit like a glove (18x8", 5x112, 57.1 centrebore, roughly 23 lbs, and a higher strength low pressure cast...
  9. Merelington

VW Driver Gear springs - Cheapest place to buy from for Canadians?

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy VW Driver Gear springs in North America (taking into account shipping & duty fees as well). Best/Cheapest place for installation in the Hamilton, Oakville, or Toronto area?
  10. Merelington

Is too much mileage in a given time bad?

I heard that it's bad/too much stress for a car to rack up too many kilometres in a short amount of time. For instance, its worse to have a 1 year old car with 60,000km vs a 2 year old with the same. Any credibility to the statement. If so, please give specifics.
  11. Merelington

How long are rattles/squeaks covered under warranty?

I'm Canadian (southern Ontario), my Golf is 13 months old, and I'm at 27,000km. It seems as though a squeak has developed in the b or c pillar and it's only noticeable when going over small bumps or bumpy roads. 1) Anyone know what this could be? (if so, any known fixes without visiting the...
  12. Merelington

Colour Matched Fog Grilles?

Thought this would be a descent cosmetic mod that hasn't been done yet...Colour Matched Fog Grilles on a GOLF/TDI to get closer to that MK5/Audi look. Thoughts? Anyone know where to pick up fog grilles and the thin piece that joins them (bottom/centre) on the cheap? Photoshopped:
  13. Merelington

2.5L fuel consumption

Everyone seems to rip on the 2.5's fuel consumption but I've been averaging 30mpg (30/70 city/highway) while driving fairly hard and keeping it in "sport" half the time. I went on a little road trip from southern Ontario to Montreal over the long weekend. The distance one way was just over...
  14. Merelington

Rim Suggestions?

I was planning on getting summer rims/tires in about a year but the itch is getting too strong. Requirements: -17" -Black with a machined face (for ease of cleaning...plus will look sharp with the candy white) -No more than 22lbs -At least 1pc high pressure cast (don't want a softer low...
  15. Merelington

My Current (mostly cosmetic) Mods...many photos inside

My Current Mods...many photos inside After having spent nearly $2,400 (Canadian) I think I'm done modding until next year. Still on the list: -Avant Garde M310's (being shipped) -GTI spoiler & sideskirts -ECU flash, Intake, & suspension once warranty is up Interior: -Hertz Audio (HSK 165...
  16. Merelington

GTI door trim

Is this the stock door & dash trim on a US and/or Canadian GTI? How much do these go for at the dealership and where else would I be able to buy them? Photo belongs to P2Spec.com and was taken from this thread:http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6570
  17. Merelington

Show me your 17's

I'm buying new rims this summer or next and don't want to deviate too far from the 16" ride comfort. Below is a tirerack mock up of what I'm getting but I'd like to see other 17" set ups. If you have a drop also state how much of a drop it is.
  18. Merelington

Piano Black Bumper Vinyl - Thoughts?

I know I'll probably get flamed for even bringing this up but I was playing with Photoshop and thought what the hell. The one thing I like more about the MK5 is that audi-esque grille but to have a bumper made like that for the MK6 is pricey. What do you think about a bumper vinyl to recreate...
  19. Merelington

Will POLO fogs fit the GOLF?

I love the horizontal look of the POLO's fog lights and the shape of the left and right portion of the lower grille looks very similar to that of the GOLF....Can anyone confirm that these will fit? Also, would there need to be some sort of converter for the fogs to work.
  20. Merelington

Badge Arrangement

I recently received an order from eurobadgez.com and could use some input on the badge arrangement. My options are: 1- German Flag (on right) + Golf 2- MKVI (on right) + Golf 3- MKVI (on right)