GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Nearly 30 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

...have you even bothered to read anything I posted? Last attempt at a school shooting was going to consist of a handgun, .22 rifle and some bombs. How does "Billy Bob" not wanting to give up his AR prevent that from occurring? I'm also interested to hear more about how the example I posted...
  2. M

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/sammie-eaglebear-chavez_n_2307864.html Very glad they prevented this one, but notice the other "tool" he planned to use in this plot....is this relevant enough??? I'm sure banning guns would have completely removed his motive to kill his classmates...
  3. M

not sure, still scratching my head on that one. :confused:
  4. M

I answered your question with an example related to what the thread is about. More specifically, this question you asked a couple pages ago. You now want to discuss gun deaths in general? What makes up your statistic? Nice way to tweak the topic to suit your counter argument. :thumbsup...
  5. M

Yea, guess I should have been more clear...I see your point. :eyebulge:
  6. M

Agreed. Google 1927 Bath School Massacre. Its easy to blame the tool - its not easy to pull the situation apart and look at the true root cause. There is no simple solution to a complex problem such as this - we need to look deeper at society as a whole if we really want to turn things around.
  7. M

because I can.... You're point would be...?? The article I had quoted from is not correct as the medical examiner stated a "long rifle" was used during a press conference.
  8. M

so much for facts... done making comments until the speculations from the media are over.
  9. M

Before everyone jumps on the "assault weapon ban" wagon, let the facts be known. "Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot , and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar...
  10. M

The BMW 1 M = The "New" GTI (per Top Gear)

I agree. 1M is a different vehicle all together...
  11. M

What production vehicle just pisses you off on site?

Your comment makes me want to go out and drive around my K20 for no good reason other than to waste fuel. You'd probably have a heart attack if I told you how I drove around with a fuel line leaking....didn't know it at the time, but watching the precious fuel gauge drop while driving sure was...
  12. M

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Just wondering if anyone will be attending the PVGP this year? We'll be there on Sunday - might enter our car in the show to get a good spot since we will have our son (1 year old) and all his stuff... :) http://www.pvgp.org/pvgp/site/default.asp :cool:
  13. M

GTI with Thule rack and Thule Atlantis 1600XT box

Hopefully this will help anyone who is looking to purchase a cargo box for a MK6 (Golf or GTI) I just mounted this today for our trip to OBX next week. I have to say everything fits like a glove and the box size is perfect for this car. Sorry for the poor quality picture - only had my BB...
  14. M

Car always runs better after dealer visit - ECU updates?

I've taken my GTI to the dealer 3 times since we've bought it. 2 of the 3 times the dealer ended up flashing the ECU. Once was for a campaign (software update) and the other time was for my MDI and TPMS fix (I think they just flashed everything). Anyways, on those 2 trips, I noticed that my...
  15. M

High Gas prices

...and your reason would be?
  16. M

High Gas prices

they are both pretty close actually...overall the Fusion is a tad better but the GTI gets better HWY miles. The only reason I have the Fusion is that its a company provided vehicle...no way would I have bought one. Big Red on the other hand takes the cake - 10mpg on the highway! :w00t:
  17. M

High Gas prices

ahhhh....voice of reason. Too many times I am reminded that I must be in the minority when viewed within the VW community. I'm surprised to see many comments regarding the high price of oil and that they think we should pay more per gallon. Huh!?!? Please explain that one to me! If you want...
  18. M

Whats your occupation?

Regional Performance Manager for a very large service organization - oversee "stuff" for PA,MD,DE,VA and DC. I do have an associates in electrical engineering though...just to add another one to the list. :D
  19. M

Service Action - Sunroof

Yesterday we received a letter from VofA stating that we need to bring our GTI in to have the sunroof drains cleaned. Not a recall, but a Service Action?? Taken directly from the letter: Service Action 60A7/S9 - Inspect, Clean and Modify Sunroof drains for certain volkswagen vehicles and...
  20. M

Explain your User Name.

Mine started 10+ years ago (ATV forum) - after numerous GTG camping ATV trips (lots of drinking in the evening), I picked up Mofo, as being a crazy mother*******. Later on I added G23 due to Mofo already being used on some other forums (Glocktalk) - G23 being my favorite hand gun.... so this...