GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dbgti

Coolant line part number

Long story short, second replacement fan in the last 3 months decided to shit the bed and slashed right though a coolant line. Does anyone know what part number this is? Trying to avoid buying the entire upper line https://m.imgur.com/a/GIAsJIl
  2. dbgti

Leaking water pump?

About two months ago I was having issues with my cooling fans which led to my car going slightly over normal operating temps. Two weeks ago I started smelling coolant when the AC was on, but not when the heater was on. So after some visual inspecting I found that the reservoir expansion tank...
  3. dbgti

High coolant temps at idle

Recently started noticing my temp gauge go 1/8th past the center line, only while I idle with the AC on. Ambient temps are 80-100* Fahrenheit. Temps drop back to normal when I get the car moving again. I have enough coolant, and I replaced the fans last month since they were making a ton of...
  4. dbgti

Serpentine Belt Tensioner - How do I remove it?

Getting some chattering noise which I suspect is from a bad belt tensioner, problem is I can’t figure out how to remove it. On the previous gen MKV it was three bolts near the roller. Looking at the photos provided on ECS it looks as though it bolts in on the back of the rod? ECS LINK Does...
  5. dbgti

Sudden No Start. Not battery, Alt, or Starter. HELP!

On friday I took my car to run some errands at lunch, after being in a shop for 5 minutes my car suddenly wouldnt start. I called AAA and they gave me a jump, which let me get the car home. AAA driver tested my Alternator, Battery, and Started - Said they were all normal. I got the car home...
  6. dbgti

[Looking for] Carbon Cleaning OC

Looking for an Indy shop that does media blast carbon cleaning in OC. Dealer quoted me $600, and I'm too lazy to do it myself
  7. dbgti

Anyone else Vape? (ECig - NOT 420)

Just curious as to whether anyone else here vapes. It's honestly becoming the next big thing for the whole "living healthy" craze. Also, it is a huge scene for people that like to tinker and mod electronics. This is the general idea of an ecig: Again, this is just the basic idea, I would NEVER...
  8. dbgti

#Occupy: Everything

Took some pictures today at Occupy LA If you dont know about the Occupy's going on, get your ass on reddit. Feel free to post yours from your City! LOL SHE MAD
  9. dbgti

Gophers!

So recently ive bein having a big problem with gophers. It started off as one hole here, one there but recently the little bastards are everywhere! Ive tried Drowning them, Smoking them out, trapping them, and I even tried Killing them with the fumes from an exhaust. Does anyone else here have...