GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. BonJovic

Wheel shops in NW suburbs

long story short, I have a set of 2 piece wheels that I'd want welded to become one piece. (it hurts me to have to do it, but whatever) does anyone have any recommendations on places, preferably in Chicago's NW burbs? Thanks!
  2. BonJovic

Autobarn MP

Its been 4 years since I've lived here and when I left, Autobarn Mount Prospect was the place to go for service since it was mod-friendly. Is this still the case? Is there another place I should go? Thanks everyone, its good to be back in Chicago :thumbsup:
  3. BonJovic

Tire Repair in OC

I need to get my tire patched up (screw punchered it:mad:) What shops do you recommend that also have the machine to put the tire back on (my tires are stretched slightly.) I'd prefer south OC shops. Thanks!
  4. BonJovic

Lug Help!

Hey everyone, I just purchased some new wheels, but I need your help to determine what size lugs I'll need to get, since I know stock wont work. (excuse my noobness if this is an obvious one here) 18x8.5 offset 45 I was told to get 25mm 1" Conical seat lugs, but I want to entirely make sure...
  5. BonJovic

Koni Coilover Purchase

So I found 3 places where they sell them. 1 of which has the much better price. Has anyone ordered from WRD, can you vouch for them? Why is their price so much better than the rest? Does anyone have any other places I could get Koni's at? WRD...
  6. BonJovic

MJM Autohaus

I might end up getting my exhaust from them..I just wanted to hear your feedback on them. If youve worked with them. Thanks!
  7. BonJovic

What direction should I go in?

So naturally, I can't have everything, as much as I'd want to...mainly because of wife aggro. So i need your help as far as what direction to go in. Yea I know I should pick whatever makes me happy, but I'm curious to know what you guys think. Coilovers - (Koni or KW V1) Exhaust - (Magnaflow)...
  8. BonJovic

OC Dealerships

Hey guys, whats the go to dealership in Southern OC. I really dont want to drive up to LA just to get serviced. I saw Fladeboe close by me, but I wanted a recommendation. I dont want a place that will hassle me for being modded. Thanks!
  9. BonJovic

Later Chicago

My Thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=573327#post573327 Its been fun guys, though the forum isnt going anywhere, so I'll be sure to check in all the time, and keep in touch! I'll see if I cant make it out to a meet one more time before I move in April.
  10. BonJovic

Moving to SoCal

Hey Guys! I'll start by introducing myself, my name is Denny and I own a 2011 TR GTI. I'm originally from the Chicago area, and now I'm going to be in Cali. So after taking a job, I'll be moving to Irvine (initially), and who knows where after that once my wife gets a job (probably somewhere...
  11. BonJovic

New Rotiform MHG Wheel

I like em! :thumbsup:
  12. BonJovic

Listing of Chicagoland Shops Thread

Creating this thread as a way for locals to find the shops that are recommended through our forums, without having to filter through a ton of various threads. Feel free to post here if you have a recommendation/good experience with a place or feel I need to add a category. I'll be...
  13. BonJovic

Front Plates

So more and more, I'm seeing cars without front plates. Its usually cars driven by moms that theres no way they would think to take the front plate off. 1) how are they getting away with this? 2) Makes me want to remove the front plate and just deal with the hassle. Anyone else notice/annoyed...
  14. BonJovic

Bears Facebook Page

Join this! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bears/183469881667025 My buddy updates it frequently with funny Bear related pictures. The man is obsessed. Yea, this has nothing to do with VW or Cars, but what the hell, everyone loves a good laugh. LOVE Bears as much as my friend. Do it...do it...
  15. BonJovic

DSG Recall?

Yesterday I went to the VW dealership for my 90 day inspection and found out there was a recall on the DSG software. They updated it, but I was in a rush and didnt even think to ask what the update was for. My guess is it might have something to do with the false neutral problem people are...
  16. BonJovic

Chicago Meets Thread

Broski's...Post here if you plan on meeting up. The Chicagoland thread can be overwhelming, so it'll be nice to separate it. :thumbup:
  17. BonJovic

AC On when turning car on

Has anyone come up with the issue of when you turn your car on, the AC is automatically on? (No, I didnt have the AC on when the car was turned off. I always thought maybe that was the case, but last night was freezing outside. I had the heat blasting, and when I turned on the car this...
  18. BonJovic

IL - CVO

Is anyone a member of Chicago Volkswagen Organization? If so, what are the benefits of being a member? Positive, negative feedback on it? This: http://chicagovw.org
  19. BonJovic

My car is 6 months

Bags to the extreme! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJr48sjvz-E&feature=player_embedded Edit: Epic fail on the thread name...oh well
  20. BonJovic

iPass - Illinois drivers

Just curious, where do you guys keep your ipass? I havent mounted mine yet, and I'm not sure I even want to put it on the windshield. I also thought about spray painting it black to blend in more. That being said, post some pics of where your ipass is, and if you did anything to do to conceal...