GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

quik Thermostat ?

The 'jiggle"valve….goes to the top of housing correct??? And 10 qts of new coolant.... Thanks
  2. J

Golf 2.5 Belts Tensioners Pulleys Diagram

^^^^^^ Wrong belt.....that's the AC belt not the ACCessory belt. The one for the alternator and water pump . Your video is wrong also. MK5 not MK6
  3. J

accessory belt

What is the length of the accessory belt? Specifically the alt/water pump belt? Advance, Autozone, O'reily and NAPA all have different lengths for that belt. I have the NAPA/Gates belt and it WILL NOT go on - at all. Measures 42.375in/1076mm
  4. J

Changing coolant

I get that - I have a truck also and those vids are almost the same. If it holds say - 2 gallons - only like 2 quarts come out. I'll try it and see what happens. Might plug the cap and use an air blow ----
  5. J

Changing coolant

Any good videos or advice about doing this at home? All the vids I see have one thing in common - they cant seem to get all the coolant out before putting in new coolant. Thinking that if I start the car with the bung open - maybe - but could cause problems when refilling... I've looked on...
  6. J

auto trans whackiness

every once in a while, especially when it is really hot out - my trans 'acts' like it would in sport mode. Revs higher before it shifts blah blah But then - It only shifts to like fourth gear even on the highway at like 70 mph. Wind up putting it manual mode and shifting it that way. If I...
  7. J

Suspension upgrade question

Will the suspension from a 2010 GTI fit a '13 base 2.5? Thanks
  8. J

REplacing fuel filter

So I will be replacing my fuel filter soon. Was wondering what is the most recommended or best quality filter to get. The Mann ,the Altrom etc.. Thanks
  9. J

Golf facebook pages

Are there any FB groups/pages for US owners? I have found some for Europe, which really doesn't help if I want to buy some used parts or have questions I want really goofy answers for. I have a Tacoma also and use a few pages for info and used parts pretty well.
  10. J

Rear brake hack (maybe)

So I was doing my rear brakes and stumbled on this.... after beating the passenger side with a BFH, I figured it just needed a bit more leverage instead of brute force. Since the space is limited/cramped I figures the lug wrench would do just fine. And it did!!!
  11. J

Serpentine belt

I got some belts from NAPA (made by Gates) and went to install them today. PAIN IN MY PHUKIN ARSE!!! I could not for the life of me get the serpentine belt on. NAPA part no NBH 25050418 I had the idler pulley clocked ALL THE WAY OPEN and that f#kk1n belt was about 5mm short. 2 and 1/2 hours...
  12. J

coilpacks

So Im at 100k miles and should prolly replace my coilpacks on my 2013 5cyl. Where is a good place to get them from that isn't a complete rip off? and Are there or is there any point to upgrading them? Like putting in some from GTI, R or maybe Audi?
  13. J

Brembo rotors/pads

Has anyone tried these yet? I need to put new stuff on my '13 golfkart and thought about these.
  14. J

Importing Scirroco

OK - so id like to get a Scirroco from Canada. Has anyone done this and what does it take to really do it legally? Or just get one and drive it anyway? I would get another Golf, but they don't have any more two door versions. At least that I can find. If I could find a new 2015 somewhere, I'd...
  15. J

WTB Radiator fan

Looking for a radiator fan. The one on the drivers side has had the bearing let go...makes a lot of rattling noise. For a 2014 2.5 5 cyl. If anyone has a car they are parting out from a crash or something.....
  16. J

Turn signal Issue

So over the last couple of days my turn signal has been acting up. Works fine for the left---- When I use it for the right signal, sometimes it will work fine. Sometimes the left will flash and then the right signal will work. Sometimes it flashes the left signal - with the stalk in the 'up'...
  17. J

Moving the 3.5 plug

Has anyone tried this? I looked thru this forum and couldn't find one. I'd like to move it to one of the blank buttons under the radio.
  18. J

Horn beeping when I open the door

I have a 2013 golf and today (I think) the horn gives a little beep when I open the drivers door. Doesn't happen with the passenger door or the hatch. What is the deal here? I'm sure she's trying to tell me something, just don't know what.
  19. J

removing the inside panel on the hatch

How can I remove this? I got hit from behind and the shop that erm 'repaired' the hatch did a really bad job. I think they filled the dent with bondo and then painted it. I don't even think they pounded out the dent first. It looks like they sanded it with a cat paw they had laying around the...
  20. J

Upgrade the radio

OK. I just got a 13 Golf S and I want to upgrade the radio. I would like to find something decent that will take a usb and get sirrius. Any suggestions? I looked on crutchfield and didn't really find anything I liked