GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

PenguinGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys, u know what. last week, i went to dmv. while i am waiting in the line, check engine light on. it was U102F. i cleared it and no CEL during the week. so today, I went to dmv. GTI made it through this time, got emission sticker good for 2 years. so happy. then, I went to supermarket. after grocery shopping, CEL came back on again :) oh very luck today. got another 2 years windows for U1030 and U102F.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My dealer charged me 125 to do the carbon cleaning while in there changing the manifold. They just charged me 1 hr labor. Maybe your dealer doesn't have a walnut blasting set up so they have to do it by hand, thus the higher rate.

I dunno

PenguinGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
$465 carbon cleanup piggy back intake manifold
$1150 standalone carbon cleanup.
"Customer Declined at This Time" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• Image from iOS (4).jpg
    Image from iOS (4).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77

Texas2013MK6

2014 GTI here - I had U102F and U1030 about 2 years apart. Each time, the radiator was replaced under extended warranty. So I'm on my 3rd radiator at 91,000 miles!

I also just got P2015, and it is irking me because my car does not appear to have the same warranty extension as the 08-12 cars. Time to call customer care! Or get an aftermarket manifold from Integrated Engineering to replace it? Or the PZEV warranty! :)

Last edited:

rio1964mk6

Yeah def do what the others suggested for the p2015/manifold issue.
Bad news is that the U102F and U1030 codes are unrelated and are basically telling you that the G611 anti-tamper sensor thats attached to your radiator is starting to fail. This happened to me as well and is annoying cause it throws CELs like the rad was replaced with something other than the prem-air one, even though the correct rad IS installed.
and if i havent shit on your morning cereal enough yet... Im sorry to tell you that no amount of hope is going to get that car to pass emissions bc your assumption that U102F and U1030 arnt related to emissions in any way is incorrect in pretty much every way ha.
VW gets emissions credits from the govt by using the prem-air radiators in the CBFA cars so that code is thrown if the car thinks the rad is not the prem-air like it should be. Good news is it doesnt affect the car in any way, I drove mine with that CEL going on/off for like 2 years.. Bad news the sensor is not sold separately, only with rad, and your not passing emissions until its fixed.

But if your car isnt modded or at least doesnt have an intercooler, or any upgraded pipes then you can get the dealer to fix it for free under the PZEV warranty that alot of people dont know about and dealers prefer to keep it that way and might even try to convince you the car isnt PZEV to avoid paying the warranty claim. They tried to tell me even though my car was CBFA and had all the extra emissions crap, and even had a fucking sticker stating the car was PZEV, the dealership actually went as far to completely make up that it wasnt really PZEV certified meaning the 15yr/150k mile PZEV warranty that covers literally everything emissions related. A call to VW of America quickly confirmed the car was PZEV and apparently gave it to the dealer for blatantly lying.
So def check, youll be surprised how many things are covered
I got the u102f code 3 months ago comes on and off all the time now it just stays on no blinking though. Went to my local Volkswagen dealership he looked at my VIN number told me to bring it in it's covered under pzev California warranty. The thing I noticed about these people at the dealerships is if they think you know what you're talking about they honor your warranty but if they don't feel like you're really versed in your car warranty they're trying to get over on you at least that's my experience they pray on the week. Dropping it off tomorrow morning Friday probably pick it up Monday or Tuesday next week. You have a lot of knowledge thank you.