GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Kid Backed into my Grill

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
He's asking me to keep it out of insurance. Fine
He'll pay cash. Fine
I guess it's up to me to find a grill for this car.
2013 GTI, Wolfburg
I'm having a little trouble at this point.
I suppose I could go with Ebay front grill and emblem.
It looks like a very simple repair. I won't have to remove anything to get to the fasteners. (I hope)
Throughts?
Grill.jpg

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea, kinda. I would have preferred to no have it, but I've come to realize at this age that there're a lot of things I just never think about. I have to conclude that I'm not bothered by it.
The dealership quoted $414 for the grille. The shop I asked hasn't gotten back to me, and the ones I find on parts sites don't have the red to signify, Wolfburg Ed.
I'm at the point where it's either going to be Ebay. I need another option, which is why I'm asking the guys who actually buy parts for these cars.
Where do I get a grille for 2013 GTI, WB Edition?

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I had to replace the grill not too long ago; mine is Driver's edition, but the grill is the same. I got it at the dealer. $180 IIRC.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
I finished the transaction today. A local shop, Zinda's, got an OEM for me for $250. It was the day after I ordered it that I saw the post about ECS and their $61.00 product. I don't feel too bad for the guy since I didn't contact his insurance and didn't go through the dealership. Even at $250, I saved him a lot of money. Thanks for the feedback.