GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arm rest media in removal

Durbin

Hi,

Just wanted to check is it just basic radio key removal tools needed to remove the media in section? There are two very small rectangular slots

I’m trying to get access to 1) the handbrake to adjust and 2) the Bluetooth module.

IMG_0819.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I thought the BT module was under the passenger seat

Durbin

Nope. On some models it is. But others it sits underneath that port I’m trying to remove. I think I have a loose connection

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Yes, regular stereo keys will work. The clips are a pain though, mine got all bent out of shape so I had to scrap them.

Durbin

So I’ve got some keys and removed the module from the armrest…I was expecting the connection to be loose but it’s not.

Any suggestions on how to tell if the module itself is naff?

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpeg
    IMG_1309.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I still think GolNat is right about the BT module. My media module looked just like yours, but my BT was under the passenger seat. Maybe they look the same, but my BT module was much bigger than that, and I thought BT was either under the seat, or built into the head unit, never heard of any being under the arm rest, but these cars have a lot of variations, so I’m not claiming to be an expert.

Durbin

100% nothing under the either seats!

When you put the part number on that white label in google it brings up ‘BT module’ ( 5n0 035 342c )

Unless it’s a crazy weird coincidence

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Well, it’s about 10 years old, and BT was trash then anyway, sounds like a good time for a stereo upgrade!