GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Saw the doc today. MRI came out good. Meniscus is healed for the most part. There may be some small microtears that it can't pick up, but the doctor cleared me to start getting back into load bearing exercise (squatting, plyometrics, jumping) so long as its not extreme.
Nice :)

Besides this, I've been stressing about the move to ATX.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Roof replaced today. Three pallets of shingles disappeared in a little over 4 hours. Those dudes did a 2200 sq ft roof faster than my kids can do their Saturday chores. Icing on the cake........the contractor wrote the invoice so that I don't have the eat the homeowners deductible. 35 year shingles for zero out of pocket. Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that my first homeowners claim doesn't turn around and bite me in the ass for my escrow payment.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
It is, and at the same time, it isn't.

Things be complicated

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Wow this is peak boomer talk in here. Talking about jobs and degrees, paying for roofs, with a nice side of scoffing at protesters. What's next for tomorrow, IRA and dental insurance? Talking about how our kids disappoint us?

CSB: the trees outside are beautiful

IMG_7941.jpeg

And I'm taking my girl to her first "Prom" (a retro-prom themed party) in this outfit

1714675738784.png

Minus the wig

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Wow this is peak boomer talk in here. Talking about jobs and degrees, paying for roofs, with a nice side of scoffing at protesters. What's next for tomorrow, IRA and dental insurance? Talking about how our kids disappoint us?

View attachment 304149

And I'm taking my girl to her first "Prom" (a retro-prom themed party) in this outfit

View attachment 304151

Minus the wig

No, get the wig.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

View attachment 304149

View attachment 304151

Minus the wig
These are the only guys I'm willing to trust with my retirement savings.

1714682802203.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

cb1111

Sell me this pen is such an annoying thing, thankfully I haven't encountered it in a long time. And I think when you're younger, it's less about showing experience and more about showing drive/desire to improve your skillset. At least, that seems to be what's worked for me, because on paper I shouldn't be allowed within 20ft of a computer and somehow I'm trusted with fixing them

also v unrelated but Regular Show is a top tier show, the ending is quite the emotional rollercoaster but so well done
I was on a hiring panel for a senior Paramedic supervisor. One of the panel guys handed the candidate a pen and said "this pen is sick, fix it." The candidate took the pen (it didn't write - it was one of those black Skillcraft pens), took it apart, said "it needs a transplant" pulled his own pen from his pocket, swapped the ink, handed it back and said "it'll need a bit of rest, but it'll be fine now."

He got hired.
I don't know a single person who has a "career level" job making decent money who wasn't some sort of referral or had an "in" at the company.
Me. I got hired over the phone from Germany.

But then again, I also didn't get hired once (when I was 22) when the hiring official said "yes, your resume is impressive, but some wise people determined that the minimum age is 23, so sorry."
This 100%.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
New AC already in. I'm $9680 poorer. Roof up next, but I think I'm going to get a couple more quotes. I think you guys are right, $18k sounds too high.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

View attachment 304149

View attachment 304151

Minus the wig
You straight up better rock the wig or ban.