GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

messrock

Autocross Champion
Do the TR wheels use a hub ring? I saw someone in a RS3 group saying he had a bad vibration and just switching from plastic to aluminum hub rings fixed it.

I've also seen someone that needed their steering rack replaced as that was causing the vibrations, though this was also in an RS3 forum.

There was another RS3 guy I saw make a post about his vibration in the last week or so. His vibration was so bad that you could clearly see his seat vibrating around 70mph and it got worse as he sped up. He still doesn't seem to have a solution. He's replaced tires and wheels and he's still having the same issue. There was some speculating about it being rotors. Can rotors be unbalanced?
They can get warped and that could result in vibration.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I'm just getting really punchy on this subject because I'm sick of shops doing a half ass job and then telling me dumb shit like "German cars just don't ride smooth" or "It's because it's a sports car. Have you ever owned one before?" Soooo fucking sick of people who can't do what they're paid to do acting like it's a me problem. Clearly it's possible to be fixed, but people just don't have the training or care to get there. Surely Tire Rack, whose entire business model is just selling tires and wheels can balance their shit right? Nope. I'm just tired of it.
i remember chasing the same issue on my MK6 and literally never resolving it. there appeared to simply be something off about the geometry of the car. granted, rebuilt title car, and i never switch wheels. but always had vibrations around 60 mph no matter that the fuck i tried. it was so aggravating.

have you had the alignment checked? also theres a (very slim) chance that something suspension wise was loose from the factory. it was made in mexico after all

riceburner

Autocross Champion
man i just learned that boat weighed 100k tons EMPTY lol.

235k tons full, which is a whopping 518,000,000lb.

GOOD LAWD
it is incredibly insane how massive and heavy those cargo ships are man. its beyond belief that it floats

riceburner

Autocross Champion
napkin math:

KE = 1/2 m v^2

m = 235 000 000 kg
v = 15 kph = 4 m/s

KE = 1.88 GJ

That's about a half a ton of TNT.
thanks for your reaponse that is exactly what i needed to hear to avoid conspiracy gangs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
other thread hasnt had a post in nearly a month
1711661244380.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You didn't read my post? The tech fixed the vibration on the stock set by targeting much lower road force. I mean if you're gonna try to be a dick at least read what you're replying to.
We're all dicks in here, don't single out poor Acadia18. 🤣

I'm glad the dealer was able to fix.

Tom Bush delivered my car with 50 psi on the tires. So, awesome for me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Go to New Haven, pretty hard to find bad apizza unless you go Domino's or Pizza Hut place. Any family owned place will have great apizza.
Pizza is like sex for a guy. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
regrettably good

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Matto you should try filling your tires with sulfur hexafluoride... the extra weight of this gas will roll to the opposite side of your imbalance and will fix your problem.

It's quite expensive though... can always substitute with methane but farting in your tires isn't the quickest way to fill em.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
New haven has gas pizza.
I'm blessed because our local pizzeria, Sorrento's, makes this kickass steak and cheese pizza.
Been my go to for some time now.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I hates a pizza with too many toppings, they're never cooked right.

Do y'all fold the pizza slice? (Excluding Jay since he eats pizza with a spoon)