Autocross Champion
this with itb's and no turbo tho

1715286087061.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Miata is always the answer.

ND3 is right around the corner, and it looks great. Very high on my list, though it sounds like Toyota may be working on a competitor. I have doubts about it though, because the real answer is give us a Corolla engine in the 86, and an 86 GR with the 3cyl turbo from the Corolla GR and ditch the subaru thing entirely. Til that happens (and I'd buy the base/NA one let's be honest), I'm shopping Miata Club for that LSD.
You asked?

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/to...8912eb4be5837a389440e1a25c931f5a952aa8499e97c

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Why not get the proper tune that removes the cel? Spacers shouldn't be left on long term, it'll foul out your O2 sensor over time. Put them on to pass emissions and remove it after.

Cobb OTS bro.

#yolo

cb1111

Back in the early 2000's I had an S6. The Audi dealer was also a Porsche dealer.

I was there getting one of my included services, when a woman came in for an oil change on her Boxster. I thought she was going to have a heart attack when the SA quoted her $459 for an oil change.

That, by itself, should answer the "Porsche vs anything else" question.

It isn't that maintenance is "more expensive", but that it is "expensive expensive."

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
22k MSRP too wtf. Sign me up

You can quote me on this.

If it actually comes out, it won't be $22,700, and it won't be sold in the US.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Found this in another forum:

MR2 Pro -
lower repair costs
better fuel economy
cheaper tires
lower initial cost to buy
more reliable
People sometimes mistake it for a Porsche (is this a pro or a con?)

MR2 Con -
Noisy harsh motor
NO TRUNK SPACE
Poor handling compared to Boxster - I never found the MR2 as tossable as its low weight suggests and I had good tires on the thing.
Low power

Boxster Pro -
It's a Porsche
Power
Handling - very big difference
Interior Room
Power top
2 trunks - both are bigger than the MR2- the Box has 3 times the trunk space of the MR2
Quality feel
The top down experience is better than the MR2. The wind ruffles your hair just the right amount. The engine noises top down are very, very nice.

Boxster Con -
purchase price
repair costs - expect to pay 4 times more in maintenance than the MR2
worse fuel economy
premium fuel required

Bonus.. you can land waaaaay more cock driving a Boxter.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Used cheap w/o the required stuff is a sign to wait for it till you can really afford it.