GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cylinder 4 misfiring

BradyL

Today I was driving my 2011 gti out of the neighborhood when cylinder 4 started ti misfire at 2,500rpm. Anything below or anything where the cylinders were not under much pressure did not cause a misfire. But later that day after I tried to trouble shoot and move coil packs around the misfiring in cylinder four got worse. My coil packs are APR packs and only have 13k on the and the same mileage is on the NGK plugs. Is it possible the my coil pack already went bad? Any ideas of how to diagnose and how to move forward on fixing the misfiring?
Not sure if this is related to the issue but I have a very small oil leak coming from the passenger side of the car which I believe to be the upper timing cover gasket.
Any help is appreciated.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Today I was driving my 2011 gti out of the neighborhood when cylinder 4 started ti misfire at 2,500rpm. Anything below or anything where the cylinders were not under much pressure did not cause a misfire. But later that day after I tried to trouble shoot and move coil packs around the misfiring in cylinder four got worse. My coil packs are APR packs and only have 13k on the and the same mileage is on the NGK plugs. Is it possible the my coil pack already went bad? Any ideas of how to diagnose and how to move forward on fixing the misfiring?
Not sure if this is related to the issue but I have a very small oil leak coming from the passenger side of the car which I believe to be the upper timing cover gasket.
Any help is appreciated.
something like this happened to my GTI running apr coilpacks, read: apr coilpacks - buy brand new coilpacks, and replace plugs if needed. This option resolved it for me