GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine rattle noise?

Kubusz

I know there are a lot of engine noise threads in these forums but i cannot find the issue. Stage 2 gti drives perfectly all day, but after some time of driving there comes a decently noisy rattle noise from the engine bay, *not flywheel related*. I am able to turn the car off and turn it back on and the noise is gone again and wont come back until driving for a little while again. It seems inconsistent too, sometimes it will never make the noise and sometimes it will rattle after about a 15 minute drive. Any ideas on what could cause something like this?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I know there are a lot of engine noise threads in these forums but i cannot find the issue. Stage 2 gti drives perfectly all day, but after some time of driving there comes a decently noisy rattle noise from the engine bay, *not flywheel related*. I am able to turn the car off and turn it back on and the noise is gone again and wont come back until driving for a little while again. It seems inconsistent too, sometimes it will never make the noise and sometimes it will rattle after about a 15 minute drive. Any ideas on what could cause something like this?
engine/trans mounts?

can you pinpoint to where the noise is originating from? ask a passenger to listen as well.

Park in an underground parking lot which will narrow down where the noise is coming from. Due to the echo and confined space.

Kubusz

engine/trans mounts?

can you pinpoint to where the noise is originating from? ask a passenger to listen as well.

Park in an underground parking lot which will narrow down where the noise is coming from. Due to the echo and confined space.
Its hard to find where the noise is coming from, it doesnt cause me issues and now after driving on it a little more it sounds like its either right infront or behind of the passenger seat on the bottom of the car. Im going to get a passenger to listen and narrow it down as its hard to pinpoint it from where i am.